Guilin Vegetarian Restaurants
Anxiang Shuying Vegetarian Restaurant
This restaurant is located in Yangshuo Town, not in Guilin City. The restaurant mainly serves Hunan cuisine and Cantonese cuisine. The dishes are varied and light, and regularly change. It keeps regular customers interest. The decoration of the restaurant is antique classical Chinese style. There are many Chinese elements ornamenting the restaurant: Lijiang lanterns, Tibetan thangka, a Fujian palace chair, Jingdezhen chinaware, and Yunnan gauze curtains, all of which create an artistic Chinese atmosphere.
- Chinese name: 暗香疏影素菜馆 Anxiang Shuying Sucaiguan /an sshyang shoo ying soo tseye gwan/
- Recommended dishes: lion's head (狮子头), wowotou (窝窝头), and pumpkin vegetable soup (南瓜青菜汤)
- Average price per person: 47 yuan
- Address: 7 Diecui Road, Yangshuo Town, Guilin Prefecture (桂林市阳朔县叠翠路7号)
- Tel: 0773-8818995
- Transportation: The restaurant is about a 5-minute walk from Yangshuo Bus Station and West Street.
Nengren Temple Vegetarian Restaurant
The restaurant is located in Nengren Temple. At the beginning it was a restaurant for the monks. At present it offers vegetarian food for the public. There is a variety of delicious vegetarian dishes available. These Chinese-style vegetarian dishes are unbelievable meat-tasting fakes. The staff cannot speak English and the menu is only available in Chinese. But the pictorial menu offers some help for foreign customers.
- Chinese name: 能仁斋馆Nengren Zhaiguan /n'nng rnn jeye gwan/
- Address: 6 Lijun Road, Xiufeng District, Guilin (桂林市秀峰区丽君路6号)
- Tel: 0773-2868845
- Transportation: Take bus 14, 21, 25B, or 89 to Lijun Road Stop (丽君路). The restaurant is near the stop.
- Chinese name: 月牙楼 Yueya Lou /ywhere-yaa loh/
- Recommended dishes: nun vegetarian noodles (尼姑素面) and corn bake (玉米烙)
- Average price per person: 9 yuan
- Address: under Yueya Mountain, Seven Star Park, Guilin (桂林市七星公园内月牙山下)
- Transportation: Take bus 10, 21, 204, or 206 and get off at Jiangan Road Intersection (建干路口), or take bus 9, 10, 11, 14, 18, 24, 28, 30, or 206 and get off at Seven Star Park (七星公园). Enter Seven Star Park and walk about 7 minutes to Yueya Mountain.
I updated this article on February 10, 2014
See all my travel articles