Guilin Western Restaurants
Left Bank Restaurant
Left Bank Restaurant is well-known for its food and atmosphere. They have a wide menu of Chinese, Western, Indian, Muslim and vegetarian food. It is one of the delightful restaurants along Guilin's Zhengyang pedestrian street.
Smoking inside the restaurant is not permitted, but smoking on the balcony outside the room is allowed.
- Chinese name: 左岸餐厅
- Average price per person: 80 RMB
- Open: 11:30am – 11:30pm
- Tel: 0773-2882259
- Address: Zhengyang Pedestrian Street, Xiufeng District (正阳步行街体育馆旁边二楼)
Rosemary is a small Western restaurant, on a small side street, located between Zhengyang Pedestrian Street and the Li River. When stepping in you will feel at home in the strong international atmosphere with many Western decorations.
Pizzas are the most popular dishes of this restaurant. Served with some drinks, their Italian pasta and desserts are wonderful. Furthermore, the service of this restaurant is good and fast. It is a great place for friends to get together and couples dating.
- Chinese name: 迷迭香
- Average price per person: 50 RMB
- Open: 10:3am – 11:30pm
- Tel: 0773-2810063
- Address: 1-1 Yiren Road, Xiufeng District (依仁路)
- Buses: 2 to Jiefangqiao (Liberation Bridge 解放桥); or 10, 11, 99, or 100 to Zhongxin Guangchang (Central Square 中心广场).
Western Restaurant at the White House
Located beside Banyan Lake (Rong Hu), the White House was a mansion of General Bai Chongxi in the Kuomingtang period (1927–1949). His family name is Bai, i.e. White.
Its architecture and inner decoration are of vintage Shanghai style (1920–30’s). Some old photos of General Bai are hang on the walls to tell his story quietly.
Take a break after a day trip or have a nightcap at the White House in Guilin to feel tranquility in your heart.
Smoking inside the restaurant is not permitted, but smoking on the balcony outside is allowed.
- Chinese name: 白公馆西餐厅
- Average price per person: 180 RMB
- Open: 7:00am – 10:00pm
- Tel: 0773-8999888
- Address: Ronghu Hotel, Building 4, 16 Ronghu North Road (榕湖北路16号榕湖宾馆4号楼)
- Bus: 21
Amani Bar is located on Zhengyang Pedestrian Street, near the red clock tower and KFC, with an open-air area. Many overseas visitors love to sit on the wooden chairs to have a drink and enjoy a relaxing time there. The decorations of this restaurant are simple and exquisite.
Pizzas and drinks are the specialty of this restaurant. Other desserts are also popular. Having a cup of coffee after shopping in the center of Guilin city can be very enjoyable. Steaks are not available.
- Chinese: 阿玛尼
- Average price per person: 70 RMB
- Open: 10:00am – 2:00am
- Tel: 0773-2809351
- Address: 159 Zhengyang Pedestrian Street, Xiufeng District (正阳路钟楼旁)
- Buses: 10, 11, 99, or 100 to Central Square (中心广场), and then walk eastward.
American Grill and Pizza
American Grill and Pizza is a new Western restaurant owned by an American man in Shangshui Street, a food street near Zhengyang Pedestrian Street. The white chairs and tables with umbrellas in the open air area make you feel fresh and naturally invigorated. The waiters in the restaurants are enthusiastic and friendly.
The food in this restaurant is authentic and attractive. When having dinner in the restaurant, you can chat with the boss and enjoy a leisurely time.
- Chinese name: 佐格西餐厅
- Average price per person: 75 RMB
- Open: 11:00am – 9:00pm
- Tel: 0773-8999922
- Address: Unit D3, Shangshui Street, 15 Binjiang Road (滨江路15号尚水街D3门面)
- Buses: 10, 18, 30, 31 or 206 to Shizi Street (十字街, the crossroads on Jiefang East Road 解放东路); or 2 to Lijiang Theatre (漓江剧院); then walk to Binjiang Road which follows the river.
It serves delicious Indian food (the only Indian restaurant in Guilin city!), with all the curries and side dishes you would expect, at a reasonable price. The staff there can speak good English and the service is good.
- Chinese name: 黑胡椒印度餐厅 Heihujiao Yindu Canting /hay-hoo-jyaoww yin-doo tsan-ting/
- Open: 11am–11pm
- Address: 15 Binjiang Road, Shangshui Street, behing the Sheraton (滨江路15号，喜来登酒店后商水美食街内)
- Tel: 13737396451 (Sammy)
"The honest pizza", it serves cheaper end pizzas, spaghetti, shepherd's pie, etc. and a wide range of drinks, with free delivery service (30+ yuan, cash only). The Binjiang Road restaurant is often very busy around meal times.
- Addresses: Binjiang Road, near Liberation Bridge (滨江路近解放桥), and Jinxing Road, just off Qixing Road (金星路近七星路)
- Tel: 773-2808757 (delivery), 2858757 (Binjiang Road), 5805757 (Jinxing Road)
Situated in the Shangri-La, a five-star hotel, this high-class restaurant provides many types of professionally made food, such as Chinese food, Guilin local food, Western food, and so on. The seats by the window give a great view of the scenery of the garden in the hotel and the Li River.
Many exquisite delicious Western desserts are offered at breakfast time, such as cakes and cookies, which are welcomed and spoken highly of by many customers. Served with high-quality waitering, and surrounded by luxurious decor in an elegant environment, you will feel comfortable and relaxed having a dinner with friends or family.
- Chinese name: 漓咖啡
- Average price per person: 230 RMB
- Open: 6:00am – midnight
- Tel: 0773-2698888-6433
- Address: 1st Floor, Shangri-la Hotel, 111 Huangcheng North Second Road, Diecai District (叠彩区环城北二路111号香格里拉大酒店1楼)
- Buses: 30 or 32 to Yushanqiao (Yushan Bridge 虞山桥).
Pinocchio is a café offering beefsteak, lamb chops, Lavazza coffee from Italy, tea, drinks, world famous alcoholic drinks, and other Portuguese delicacies. With a typical southern European style and wireless internet services, the Pinocchio is a leisurely place to have a small gathering or an afternoon tea. Because it is a small-scale café with 4 private rooms and a long table for 16 people, guests should reserve in advance.
- Chinese name: 木偶葡式餐厅 Mu'ou Pushi Canting /moo-oh poo-shrr tsan-ting/
- Average price per person: 100 RMB
- Open: 11:00am – 2:30pm and 5:00 – 10:30pm
- Tel: 0773-5828068
- Address: 2nd Floor, 24 Maping Street, Middle Qixing Road, Sanli Dian, Qixing District (七星区三里店七星路中段码坪街24号2楼)
- Bus: 14
I updated this article on July 2, 2013
See all my travel articles