Lianghuan Village Fish In Sour Soup
The famous dish in the restaurant, fish in sour soup (酸汤鱼), is a unique dish invented by ancient Miao Minorities. The restaurant started in 1986, and has formed its own style: centering on the cooking culture of ethnic groups. Both the building and the decoration of the restaurant are unique with the architectural features of Miao minority. Besides relishing delicious and unique dishes, guests can enjoy the performances of folk dances and singings. Some recommended dishes are: fish in sour soup (酸汤鱼), made dish for cured meat, fish, etc (腊味拼盘), stir-fried green beans with Miao cooking style (苗家长角豆), kraut with Miao cooking style (苗家泡萝卜), fragrant meat cooked in Dong Minority style (侗家香肉), stir-fried bitter gourd with Chinese chestnuts (苦瓜炒板栗) and spare ribs with the fragrance of straw (稻香排骨).
- Chinese name: 亮欢寨酸汤鱼 Lianghuan Zhai Suantang Yu /lyung-hwan jeye swan-tung yoo/
- Average price per person: 58 yuan
- Opening hours: 11am–10pm
- Address: 3535 Shachong Road, Nanming District (南明区沙冲路3535号)
- Tel: 0851-5799338, 5778668
- Bus Routes: 9, 11, 21, 42, 50, 57 and 204
Old Kaili Fish In Sour Soup
It should be the most popular restaurant in Guiyang City for its really delicious dishes, according to many customers having been there. Queue can always be found there; hence, guests are advised to book in advance. The signature dish is fish in sour soup (酸汤鱼), a unique dish invented by ancient Miao people. Customers having ordered the signature dish can choose the variety and the very one of fish for the dish. The dish has spicy and sour taste with tender fish meat. Tofu made out of rice (米豆腐), cured meat (腊肉) and millet porridge (小米渣) are several other highly recommended kinds of food there.
- Chinese name: 老凯俚酸汤鱼 Lao Kai Li Suantang Yu /laoww keye lee swan-tung yoo/
- Average price per person: 56 yuan
- Address: 55 Shengfu Road, Yunyan District (云岩区省府路55号)
- Tel: 0851-5843665
Tufeng Doumi Hot Pot Restaurant
Even though the restaurant is really simple, the taste of the hot pot there should not make you lose hope. Doumi hot pot (豆米火锅) should be the signature kind of hot pot. The main ingredients of Doumi hot pot are seeds of kidney bean, Chinese sauerkraut (酸菜), sliced cured meat, pickled pepper, garlic bolt, green onion and pork oil. When eating hot pot, customers can boil the vegetables, mushroom, potato and meat in the boiled soup, and dregs of fat (油渣) and crisp meat (脆肉) are two popular kinds of meat there).
- Chinese name: 土风豆米火锅店 Tu Feng Dou Mi Huoguo Dian /too fnng doww mee hwor-gwor dyen/
- Average price per person: 28 yuan
- Address: 35 Qinling East Road, Yunyan District (云岩区黔灵东路35号)
- Tel: 0851-6784331
The western restaurant mainly serves Italian style food with affordable price. It is divided into two areas considerately: smoking area and non smoking area. Pizza and roast chicken wings are two highlights there.
- Chinese name: 巴贝拉意式休闲餐厅 Babeila Yishi Xiuxian Canting /ba-bay-la yee-shee sshyoh-sshyen tsan-ting/
- Average price per person: 43 yuan
- Address: Floor 2, Xingguang Chanlan, Xiao Shizi, Fushui Middle Road, Yunyan District (云岩区富水中路小十字星光灿烂2楼)
- Tel: 0851-5851777
The western restaurant can be divided into two areas, which are smoking area and non-smoking area. Steak and julep are two highlights there. The dinning environment is good with neat decoration.
- Chinese name: 煌泰紫台塑牛排 Huang Tai Zi Taisu Niupai /hwung teye dsee teye-soo nyoh-peye/
- Average price per person: 209 yuan
- Address: Floor 2, Nanguo Huajin Shopping Center, 108 Zhonghua Middle Road, Yunyan District (云岩区中华中路108号南国花锦购物中心2楼)
- Tel: 0851-6831888