Wuling Cong Tai Terrace
It was constructed when Wuling was the king of the Zhao Kingdom. The aim of the Terraces construction was for military training and entertainment. It was well known in the kingdoms of that time for it beautiful decoration. Two poets who lived contemporaneously during the Tang dynasty, Li Bai and Dufu, are generally regarded to be the best poets in Chinese history. They visited the area and wrote several poems about the magnificent Terrace. Introduction about Poet Du Fu.
The Terrace was renovated by Emperor Tongzhi of the Qing Dynasty. It has an area of more than 1,100 square meters and a height of 28 meters. It is a three-story brick structure. Eight Chinese characters were embedded in the wall, "Fu Liu Dong Jian, Zhi Qi Xi Lai".Outside the main gate a poem that was written in 1961 by Guo Moruo who was a famous writer is carved on the wall. When the Emperor Qianlong of the Qing Dynasty came to the Terrace, he wrote a poem on the monument of the north gate.
The first layer of the Terrace is a compound in which a pavilion called "Wu Ling Hall" faces south and a pavilion called "Ruyi Hall" faces east. In the center of the compound is Hulan pavilion that was built in 1931. Inside the compound, the paintings "Plum Blossoms" and "Orchids" by Imperial Scholars Wang Yunquan and Li Shaoan were embedded on the wall.
On the door lintel of the second story are carved the words: "Wuling Cong Tai Terrace". Inside it, eight big red characters are engraved:" Fu Qi Nan Bei; Xiong Mei Zhan Jin" (Husband and Wife South or North, Brothers Sisters Moist Care. The famous story "Faith and Filial" took place here.
- Location: Wuling Cong Tai Terrace is in Cong Tai Park.
- Specialty:The Terrace is the site where King Wulin of the Zhao State "Practiced Horse Riding and Arrow Shooting in Hu's Garbs". It is the symbol of ancient Handan.
- How to get there: Travelers can take Bus No. 1, 2, 17, 22, 29, 33, 38, 41, 51, 66, or 69 to go there.
Questions and Answers About Wuling Cong Tai Terrace
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on December 19, 2012
See all my travel articles