Gupo Mountain National Forest Park
Gupo Mountain National Forest Park is located in Huangtian Town of Babu District which is in the northeast of Hezhou City. It is 21 kilometers (about 13 miles) from the city seat (Babu District).
In the year 1992, Gupo Mountain National Forest Park became a provincial level Forest Park approved by Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. In 1996, with the approval of the former Ministry of Forestry, Gupo Mountain National Forest Park became a state-level forest park. In 2005, it was listed as one of the Top 10 Tourist Attractions in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
Gupo Mountain National Forest Park covers a total area of 8000 hectares. In this park, there are high peaks, deep valleys, great mountains, luxuriant forests, rich animal and plant resources, waterfalls and springs. The scenery here can be described to be majestic, unique, beautiful and quiet. So, Gupo Mountain National Forest Park is a landscape type park, and at the same time a suburban type park.
There are 25 mountains in this park that have an elevation of over a thousand meters. The average elevation of the mountains is 800 meters. Among them, the main peak Gupo Mountain measures 1730.9 meters in terms of elevation, while the highest peak Tian Tang Ding (the Top of Heaven), which is also the highest peak in east Guangxi, measures 1844 meters. There are plants that are of more than 160 families and over 1040 species, and birds and animals that belong to over 130 species. The great and steep mountains, ancient trees, old vines, exotic flowers and herbs, strange-shaped rocks, waterfalls all a present natural, wonderful painting of beautiful scenery.
How to Get There:
- In Hezhou Bus Station, there are buses that go to Gupo Mountain National Forest Park directly, which only cost tourists 50 minutes. The buses work from 7: 00 to 15: 00, with the ticket fare of 6 RMB (this number varies during the Spring Festival). The last bus from Gupo Mountain National Forest Park to Hezhou leaves at 17: 30.
- Tourists will pay about 30 RMB to 40 RMB if they go to Gupo Mountain National Forest Park from Hezhou by taxi.
There are the Hakkas and some branches of Yao People living near Gupo Mountain National Forest Park. As a result, tourists can get some idea of the rich and lively folk art and marriage conventions. The folk arts include the folk songs of the Hakkas, local songs and the folk songs of Yao People. And the marriage conventions include the “Bai Tang Cai Yu” (usually the uncle of the bridegroom lights a couple of candles and say something lucky) and “Dong Fang Mo Hei” (adding some black color on the face of some family) of the Hakkas, “Kan Wu Ding Qing” (after seeing the Eight Characters, the man will go to the woman’s to complete the engagement), “Qi Te Tan Jia” (singing some strange songs before the marriage), “Qing Ren Fang” (a simple room for the grown children to fall in love) and valentine's day of Yao People .
Questions and Answers About Gupo Mountain National Forest Park
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on January 1, 1970
See all my travel articles