Hohhot Weather in January
January in Hohhot is cold. The lowest temperature drops to –19 °C (–2.2 °F) and the highest is about –6 °C (21.2 °F) during the day. The lowest average temperature is –21 °C (–5.8 °F) at night. It is sunny most of the time with frequent snow and is sometimes cloudy.
An overcoat and thick jeans are necessary to avoid catching a cold if you stay outdoors for a long time.
Generally, Chinese New Year comes in late January or early February. The spring festival may be the best time to experience authentic Chinese culture. January marks the peak travel season of the year so train and flight tickets are difficult to book. Consult our website and have us help you design your own tour to Hohhot. See our Hohhot tours for more information.
Hohhot Climate Information by Month
- Hohhot Weather in January
- Hohhot Weather in February
- Hohhot Weather in March
- Hohhot Weather in April
- Hohhot Weather in May
- Hohhot Weather in June
- Hohhot Weather in July
- Hohhot Weather in August
- Hohhot Weather in September
- Hohhot Weather in October
- Hohhot Weather in November
- Hohhot Weather in December
Questions and Answers About Hohhot Weather in January
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on May 25, 2012
See all my travel articles