Hong Kong Cultural Center
If you'd like to see and hear world class orchestral and operatic performances during your stay in Hong Kong, then you can book reservations for the performances at the Hong Kong Cultural Center. One of the benefits of a trip to Hong Kong is the performing arts.
If you go to Victoria Harbor, you can see the low Cultural Center building behind the clocktower along the Avenue of Stars pedestrian waterfront walkway. It is a strangely-shaped sprawled building, but inside it is much roomier than it seems from the outside. It is almost cavernous.
The wings contain two big arts performance theaters, and it is kept open during regular hours so if you want you can just walk in and look around, or cut through it to get to the Space Museum or the Golden Mile of Nathan Road.
Together with the Hong Kong Museum of Art, it is part of the Hong Kong for the fine arts.
Hong Kong is matchless in the region for its performing arts. And by visiting their webpage, you can both see their calendar and book tickets. For those who love the performing arts, the Hong Kong Cultural Center is a highlight.
- Asia's Biggest Organ: The organ has 8,000 pipes and was built by the firm Rieger Orgelbau.
- Concert Theater: The concert theater is walled in oakwood, has two tiers, has 2,000 seats, and contains the organ.
- Grand Theater: Large scale operas, ballets, musicals, dances and all sorts of theatrical spectaculars are put on there. There are 1,734 seats in three tiers.
- Building Hours: 9am to 11:00pm daily.
- Box Office Hours: 10am to 9:30pm daily.
- Souvenir Shop: Posters, mugs, and etc.
- Address: 10 Salisbury Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Transport: Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Station Exit E; or Bus 7 to the Star Ferry. It is about 100 meters from the Star Ferry.
We could help you plan a tour of Hong Kong, or help with tickets and reservations.
Questions and Answers About Hong Kong Cultural Center
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on April 7, 2013
See all my travel articles
- Things to Do
- Top Reasons to Visit
- Top Things to Do
- Things to Do With Kids