Hong Kong Space Museum
- A museum of astronomy and space science with some of the most advanced facilities in the world.
- A great place for space science buffs and families with children.
The egg-shaped dome structure of Hong Kong Space Museum made it one of the landmarks in Hong Kong. The museum opened in 1980 and became the first planetarium in the world to possess a fully automatic control system. Some of the facilities are among the most advanced ones in the world.
It comprises of an east and a west wing. The east wing with the egg-shaped dome is the nucleus of the museum. Beneath the dome are Stanley Ho Space Theater with a hemispherical projection dome, Space Science Hall and workshops. In the west are Hall of Astronomy, Lecture Hall and a gift shop. The interactive exhibits enable visitors to learn through educational and entertaining experiences.
Exhibits and Activities
- The two thematic exhibition halls - the Hall of Space Science and the Hall of Astronomy, enable visitors to learn through interactive and entertaining experiences.
- The hemisphere projection dome, with a diameter of 23 meters (25 yards), boasts OMNIMAX films and sky shows. The seats are installed with a multi-language and interactive system.
- The museum organizes plenty of extension activities, such as fun science lab sessions, astronomy competition, and astronomy film shows.
- Opening Hours:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Closed at 5:00 pm on Christmas Eve and Chinese New Year's Eve
- Closed on Tuesdays (Except Public Holiday) and the first two days of Chinese New Year
Questions and Answers About Hong Kong Space Museum
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
- Things to Do
- Top Reasons to Visit
- Top Things to Do
- Things to Do With Kids