The 9 Jiayuguan attractions listed here show why Jiayu Pass is one of the must-visit stops on the Silk Road. Jiayuguan boasts the western-most end of the Great Wall, the most westerly fort on the wall, a visually impressive 45° section called the Great Wall on the Cliff, and a Great Wall museum.
With short trips outside the city you can see a glacier, 1,600+-year-old tombs, virgin mountain forest, the world’s third largest gliding base, and the rock carvings of primitive nomads. Choose from our Jiayuguan tours and see these remarkable sights for yourself.
Questions and Answers About Jiayuguan Attractions
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
- Chinese Name: 嘉峪关
- Chinese Pinyin: jiā yù guān
- English Name: Jiayuguan
- Location: Northwest of China
- Latitude: 39° 47' N
- Longitude: 98° 17' E
- Area: 2,935 sq. km. (1,133 sq. mi.)
- Time Zone: (UTC+8)
- Area Code: 0937
- Population: 140,000