Jinan Muslim Restaurants
As its name implies, the restaurant primarily serves Xinjiang-style dishes and snacks. The dishes and snacks here are popular because they are cooked with special ingredients which are fresh, fragrant, and exquisite. The restaurant has an ordinary appearance but it is decorated elaborately inside. The golden yellow hallway, bright crystal chandeliers, ethnic paintings and green pot plants create a comfortable and pleasant dining ambience.
- Chinese name: 新疆居 Xinjiang Ju
- Recommended dishes: Xinjiang-style braised chicken (大盘鸡), Xinjiang-style braised lamb chops with naan bread (馕包肉), mutton kebab (羊肉串), stir-fried handmade noodles (炒拉条子), stir-fried noodle pieces (丁丁炒面), Xinjiang rice (手抓饭), sautéed lamb with naan bread (馕炒肉), boiled lamb (手抓羊肉), and roast fish (烤鱼).
- Average price per person: 39 yuan
- Address: 34 Eleventh Jing Road, Shizhong District 市中区经十一路34号
- Tel: 0531-82066076
- Transportation: Take bus 32, 34, 42, k54, 75 or 165, and get off at Xinshijie Shangcheng (New World Mall/新世界商城).
Xinjiang-style Restaurant Guandong Avenue Branch 新疆居关东大街店
- Average price per person: 29 yuan
- Address: 42 Guandong Avenue, Lixia District 历下区关东大街42号
- Tel: 0531-86969238
- Bus routes: 11 or 106
Xinjiang-style Restaurant Shunhua Road Branch 新疆居舜华路店
- Average price per person: 27 yuan
- Address: 1 Shunhua Road, Licheng District 历城区舜华路1号
- Tel: 0531-86515098
- Bus routes: 116 or 119
Junji Beef Restaurant
Junji Beef Restaurant, an old Muslim restaurant, is famous for its spicy marinated beef and spicy marinated ox tripe. The beef dishes here are welcomed because they are cooked with healthy and traditional Chinese herbal medicines which require special cookery skills. The restaurant is roofed with green glazed tiles that embody the style of ancient Chinese architecture.
- Chinese name: 俊记牛肉店 Junji Niuroudian
- Recommended dishes: Junji beef jerky (牛肉干).
- Average price per person: 25 yuan
- Opening hours: 8.30am–6.30pm
- Address: 127 Seventh Jing Road, Shizhong District 市中区经七路127号
- Tel: 0531-86917138
- Transportation: Take bus 6, 34, 49, k96, 102, 104 or 129, and get off at Jinqiwei Erlu (经七纬二路).
Laogen Restaurant is a real Muslim-style restaurant that is popular for its authentically tasty dishes and snacks and good prices. Its specialty dish of mutton hot pot is highly recommended because the mutton is cooked in a copper pot with charcoal. The restaurant is simply decorated but it is bright, clean and tidy.
- Chinese name: 老根餐馆 Laogen Canguan
- Recommended dishes: plain braised beef tenderloin (扒羊肉条), sautéed sliced lamb with garlic (蒜爆羊肉), mutton hot pot (涮羊肉), braised oxtail (红烧牛尾), fried mutton with cumin (孜然羊肉), cucumber in chili oil (红油黄瓜), scalded lamb tripe (水爆肚), and stir-fried shelled shrimps with tomato sauce (番茄虾仁).
- Average price per person: 45 yuan
- Address: 35 Minsheng Avenue, Shizhong District 市中区民生大街35号
- Tel: 0531-88320913
- Transportation: Take bus 18, 32, 43, k52, k68, k109 or 165, and get off at Jingba Lu (Eighth Road/经八路).
Muslim Restaurant, the biggest Muslim restaurant in Jinan, is well-known for its hot pots and other delicious Muslim-style dishes. The dishes here are simply amazing and cheap. The three-story restaurant has the appearance of Muslim-style architecture and looks like a magnificent palace at night with its colored lights. Its unique design and decorations with spacious hall, luxurious private rooms, old fashioned corridors, and other ethnic ornaments show traditional Muslim features. The restaurant provides a pleasant and relaxed dining atmosphere through its warm and considerate service.
- Chinese name: 清真楼 Qingzhen Lou
- Recommended dishes: boiled mutton (手抓羊肉), roast lamb chops (烤羊排), braised perch with garlic (蒜香鲈鱼), and deep-fried beef fillets (炸牛柳).
- Average price per person: 84 yuan
- Address: 226 Luoyuan Avenue, Lixia District 历下区泺源大街226号
- Tel: 0531-86150088, 0531-86150099
- Transportation: Take bus 2, 15, 32, 62, 65, 75 or 129, and get off at Sheng Tiyu Zhongxin (Sports Center of Jinan Province/省体育中心).
I updated this article on August 22, 2012
See all my travel articles