Kunming attractions include The Stone Forest, West Hill and Yunnan Minority Village which exhibits the province’s 25 ethnic minorities. The spring city also has 3 museums listed below, 3 temples, 2 parks, a cave, a lake, and some spectacular countryside, including Dongchuan Red Land and the Yuanyang Terraced Fields.
Kunming is the gateway to Yunnan Province and fittingly the city’s attractions reflect the province’s scenic and ethnic renown. If China’s mountain scenery and minority culture interest you, but you don’t want to go somewhere too remote or extreme climatically, then our Kunming tours should suit you.
Questions and Answers About Kunming Attractions
Hi Karen, thanks for your inquiry.
We are specializing in tailor making private tour for our customers. You will have your private van and English speaking tour guide. No other people will join you. We can ensure you the comfort and safety for your family.
Your tour will be quite flexible. If you want to stay in one place longer or shorter, or make a minor change(e.g. adding something or skipping something) on the schedule during the tour, it is no problem.
I will arrange a considerate tour guide for you who will take good care of your parents and your young daughter. Besides visiting the fantastic attractions, your tour guide will also take you to visit a local family. You can talking with them or even eat with them, to get a deep understand of their daily life and culture. How do you think?
Before I make the itinerary and quotation, could you please let me know:
1. How many people are there in your group? Is it 3 or 4, please? How many rooms would you like me to arrange?
2. Is your destination fixed in Kunming? Or you would also like to extend to the neighboring city such as Dali or Lijiang?
I will send you the itinerary as soon as possible after your further information, okay? Thanks, WhitneyWhitney Liao replied on 2013-07-04
We have a 8 days tour package for Yunnan area, you'll visit Kunming, Dali, Lijinag and Shangri-la, please go to http://www.chinahighlights.com/tour/kunmingtour/km-3/. Rain will not a problem as the tour is a normal tour, no hiking or biking. we'll arrange a driver and vehicle for you.Leon Long replied on 2012-08-07
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
- Kunming Things to Do
- Photography Tips at Yuanyang Hani Terraces
- Photography Tips at Dongchuan Red Lands
- Chinese Name: 昆明
- Chinese Pinyin: kūn míng
- Location:Southwest of China
- Latitude:25° N
- Longitude: 104° 41' E
- Elevation: 1895 M (6217 FT)
- Area Code: 0871
- Population:6.25 million
- Time Zon: (UTC+8)