Noodles are the most popular food in Lanzhou. Walking on the street, you can find many houses for eating noodles cooked in many ways. However, restaurants for tasting other kinds of Chinese cuisine and western food are also available in Lanzhou.
The mutton hotpot is a highlight, and the fried dishes are okay. Other recommended dishes are instant-boiled mutton (涮羊肉), roasted gigot (烤羊腿), mutton eaten with hands (手抓羊肉) and sheep neck (羊脖子).
- Chinese name: 德祥楼 Dexiang Lou /der-sshyung loh/
- Average price per person: 66 yuan
- Address: 701 Donggang West Road, Chengguan District (城关区东岗西路701号)
- Tel: 0931-8854 688, 8854 988
Eight Kilometers Restaurant
the position is a little bit out-of-the-way, it never influences Eight Kilometers’ popularity. The dishes there are so delicious that the restaurant attracts numerous customers to drive there to have dinners. Lamb (羊羔肉), roasted mutton chops (烤羊排), braised mutton (黄焖羊肉), roasted buns (烤包子) and Dongxiang potato slices (东乡土豆片) are highly recommended by customers having been there.
- Chinese name: 八公里 Ba Gongli /bar gong-lee/
- Average price per person: 48 yuan
- Tel: 0931-8380 026
Ma Da Huzi
Even though the decoration is too simple, it is still very popular in the area. Lamb (羊羔肉) should be the most famous dish there, with tender taste. Other recommended dishes are braised mutton (黄焖羊肉), potato slices (土豆片), mutton eaten with hands (手抓羊肉) and sheep neck (羊脖子).
- Chinese name: 马大胡子 Ma Da Huzi /ma daa hu-jee/
- Average price per person: 47 yuan
- Address: 188 Binhe West Road, Qilihe District (七里河区滨河西路188号)
- Tel: 0931-2584 556
Caigeng Xiang Grand Hotel
The restaurant mainly serves Zhejiang cuisine, some spicy Sichuan dishes and some local snacks. The service and dining environment is good. Sweet and sour fillet (糖醋里脊) should be the most popular dish. Sizzling mutton (铁板葱烤羊肉), sweet lotus roots (糖藕) and bean jelly (凉粉) are recommended by some customers having been there.
- Chinese name: 菜根香大酒店 Caigen Xiang Da Jiudian /tseye-gen sshyung daa jyo-dyen/
- Average price per person: 60 yuan
- Address: 71 Jiuquan Road, Chengguan District (城关区酒泉路71号)
- Tel: 0931-8429 035, 8427 979
It should be the most popular hot pot restaurant in Lanzhou. There are several kinds of hot pot for customers’ choices, such as hot and spicy beef tallow hot pot (牛油火锅) and light mushroom hot pot (菌汤锅). Popular ingredients for hot pot are wide rice noodles (宽粉), meatballs (肉丸), bovine stomach (毛肚), skin of tofu (油豆皮), tender beef (嫩牛肉) and eel (鳝鱼).
- Chinese name: 孔亮火锅 Kongliang Huoguo /kong-lyung hwor-gwor/
- Average price per person: 40 yuan
- Opening hours: 10:30am–9:30pm
- Address: 179 Nongmin Lane, Chengguan District (城关区农民巷179号)
- Tel: 0931-8803 082
Pizza and salad with minced potato are recommended food there.
Roasted wings (烤鸡翅) and roasted corns (烤玉米) are recommended food there.
- Chinese name: 米诺比萨 Minuo Bisa /mee-nwor bee-saa/
- Average price per person: 45 yuan
- Address: 401 Wudu Road, Chengguan District (城关区武都路401号)
- Tel: 0931-8406 398
Another weatern restaurant in Lanzhou.
- Chinese name: 金汉斯 Jin Han Si /jin han see/
- Average price per person: 39 yuan
- Address: Floor 5, Haihong Mansion, 131-139 Zhongshan Road, Chengguan District (城关区中山路131-139号海鸿大厦5楼)
- Tel: 0931-8457 550
Lanzhou has plenty of Muslim restaurants. We at China Highlights has listed some of the best ones, and you can check out more top Muslim restaurants in Lanzhou.
There are plenty of vegetarian restauratns in Lanzhou. We at China Highlights has listed some of the best ones, and you can check out more top vegetarian restaurants in Lanzhou.
Questions and Answers About Lanzhou Restaurants
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.