1. Phin Tsok Ge Don Restaurant
The restaurant is not very large, but inside is an altogether different world. The Tibetan-style fitments are pretty distinctive, and you may find the servers to be like fairy maidens. The dishes made from beef or mutton are very exquisite and the portions are sufficient. Despite the delicacy of the beef and mutton, they may not agree with some people. Sweet tea and barley wine are especially recommended. It’s most suitable for entertaining guests.
- Chinese name: 藏家宴 （团结新村店） Zangjiayan
- Recommended dishes: steamed potato-stuffed bun (土豆包子), buttered tea (酥油茶), decocted mutton chop (羊排), steamed ox tongue (牛舌), fried sheep lung (炸羊排), and ginseng fruit cooked with butter (油酥人参果)
- Average price per person: 68 yuan
- Address: at the Northern Gate of the Eastern Area, 75 Tuanjie Xin Cun Road, Chengguan District 城关区团结新村路75号东区北门
- Tel: 0891-6332886
- Transportation: Take Bus 21 and get off at Dangrezhong Road (当热中路站), and then walk about 170 meters.
- Special services: Parking is free and a swiping card facility is available.
2. Phin Tsok Ge Don Restaurant Branch 藏家宴（团结新村店）
- Address: at the Western Gate, 1 Tuanjie Xin Cun Road, Chengguan District 城关区团结新村路1号东门
- Tel: 0891-6362228, 0891-6320033
- Transportation: Take Bus 12 (up direction), 12 (down direction), 16 or 24, and get off at the Milk Company (牛奶公司站).
3. Snow God Palace
Located at the foot of the Potala Palace, the Tibetan-style restaurant enjoys an enviable geographic position. You can happily enjoy the taste of buttery tea there. Besides, many dishes are pretty delicious; the food portions are sufficient and the price is affordable. However, some dishes may be a bit oily.
- Chinese name: 雪神宫藏式餐厅 Xveshen’gong Zangshi Canting
- Recommended dishes: roast yak beef (烤牦牛肉), yogurt (酸奶), steamed potato-stuffed bun (土豆包子), and rice cooked with ginseng fruit (人参果炒饭)
- Average price per person: 65 yuan
- Address: opposite the Potala Palace Square, Beijingzhong Road, Chengguan District 城关区北京中路布达拉宫广场对面
- Tel: 0891-6335866
- Opening hours: 9am – 10:30pm
- Transportation: Take Bus 7, 8, 20, 22 (up direction), 22 (down direction), 23 (up direction) or 23 (down direction) and get off at Cemenlin (策门林站), and then walk about 260 meters.
With an emotional appeal, the environment there can relax you. The Tibetan servers are pretty enthusiastic, speaking both Mandarin and English very well. The food portions may be a bit small and the price may be a little high. Also, the barley wine there will make it easy for you to get drunk, so a defined amount is suggested.
- Chinese name: 冈拉梅朵 Ganglameiduo
- Recommended dishes: beef patty (牛肉饼), yogurt (酸奶), Tibetan-style mutton chop (藏式羊排), and buttered tea (酥油茶)
- Average price per person: 76 yuan
- Address: 127 Beijingzhong Road, Chengguan District城关区北京东路127号
- Tel: 0891-6333657
- Opening hours: 24 hours a day
- Transportation: Take Bus 7, 8, 20, 22 (up direction), 22 (down direction), 23 (up direction) or 23 (down direction) and get off at Cemenlin (策门林站), and then walk about 290 meters.
Questions and Answers About Lhasa Restaurants
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.