Luoyang Vegetarian Restaurants
1.Suyuan Sushi Chancha Restaurant
The elegant environment there can calm you down the moment you enter it; it may even feel like an Elysian Field as you hear the light Buddhist music. The price of the food may be a bit high for many people, but it’s worth the price as the food is the unity of the form and spirit of meat or fish, making one reluctant to stop eating. Besides, the restaurant is also a good place for having tea. Eating a moderate amount of food is suggested, as the food can be quite greasy if too much is eaten.
- Chinese name: 素缘素食禅茶餐厅 Suyuan Sushi Chancha Canting
- Recommended dishes: fish” fillets in hot chili oil (水煮鱼), griddle cooked tea tree mushrooms (干锅茶树菇)，vegetarian Dongpo “pork” marinated in brine (东坡及第)
- Kindly reminder: The “meat” and “fish” dishes are all made from vegetarian ingredients.
- Average price per person: 85 yuan
- Address: 20 meters eastward of the intersection between Jiudu Road and Jiefang Road 九都路与解放路交叉口东20米
- Tel: 0379-63361682
- Transportation: Take Bus 2, 7, 20, 45, 49, 69 or 69 (interval) and get off at Dongxiachi (东下池), then walk about 80 meters.
2. Juexiyuan Vegetarian Restaurant
Is there such thing as a free lunch? Yes. Juexiyuan Vegetarian Restaurant provides vegetarian food for free, asking for no payment from the consumers. Isn’t that surprising? This is all owed to the kind-hearted shopkeeper, who has been determined to accumulate virtue all of these years. There is a plastic basin at the door of the kitchen and on the basin are the words “according to conditions”, which means that how much you pay and whether or not you should pay are all dependent on yourself.
- Chinese name: 觉西园素食餐馆 Juexiyuan Vegetarian Restaurant
- Recommended dishes: vegetarian fried noodles (素炒面), pickled vegetables (泡菜), rice served with vegetables on top (盖浇饭)
- Address: about 300 meters eastward of the intersection between Lianmeng Road and Longlin Road 联盟路龙鳞路口东300米左右
- Tel: 13373786039
- Transportation: Take Bus 14, 29, 35, 46 or 53 and get off at the intersection between Lianmeng Road and Longlin Road (联盟路龙鳞路口站).
I updated this article on August 10, 2012
See all my travel articles