Nanchang Travel Guide
Nanchang, the capital city of Jiangxi Province, is situated on the bank of the Yangtze River, and serves as the center of the provincial politics, economy, culture, science, education, commerce, and transportation.
Nanchang was established in 202 BC as a city. With over 2000 years of history, Nanchang is a famous historical and cultural city in China.
Nanchang, as a renowned revolutionary base in China, is the place where "August 1 Nanchang Uprising" took place. Since then the city has been praised as the rising place of red army flags. Besides, Nanchang is famous for its numerous natural attractions and rich tourist resources. Places of historical and cultural interest blend with beautiful natural scenery. Inside the city many rivers flow through and form a waterway network. There are four artificial lakes inside the city, which are West Lake, South Lake, North Lake and East Lake.
Famous tourist attractions in Nanchang include Teng Wang Pavilion, Poyang Lake, Mount Lushan and Mount Jinggangshan.
1. Nanchang has hot summers and cold winters. The best time to visit Nanchang is in spring or autumn, when the weather is the most pleasant of the year.
2. Local dishes in Nanchang are quite spicy. Please inform the restaurant or your tour guide when ordering dishes, if you cannot eat spicy food.
3. It is colder and damper on the mountain than in the city, please pack more clothes for change. Bring raincoats or umbrellas during rainy seasons.
4. Wear skid-proof shoes and sun protection when climbing mountains.
- Chinese Name: 南昌.
- Chinese Pinyin: nán chāng
- Location: South China
- Latitude: 29° 09' N
- Longitude : 116° 27' E
- Elevation: 22 M (72 FT)
- Area Code: 0791
- Population: 5 million
- Time Zone: (UTC+8)