2013 Shanghai Jazz Festival to Be Held Sep. 20th – Oct. 19th
The ninth Shanghai Jazz Festival will kick off on September 20th, 2013, and it will last 30 days, till October 19th. As the biggest Jazz Festival in both China and Asia, it has been held annually since 2005. This year's jazz festival will be held one month earlier than usual.
The ninth edition of the JZ Festival will feature three parts.
- Outdoor concerts will be held at the "Sennheiser Green Note" Expo Park on September 20th and 21st.
- Jazz Around Town, from September 22 to October 14, will be jazz performances provided by civic musical groups and professional bands from many countries in many places around the city, including streets, squares, parks, and other public areas.
- BMW Masters Hall indoor concerts will be held at Shanghai Centre Theatre from October 15 to 19.
More than 200 bands and 80 musicians from around the world will come to Shanghai for the festival, including Robert Glapser, Yasiin Bey (Mos Def), John Scofield, Jack DeJohnette, The Brand New Heavies, Lisa Ono, and Yoga Lin. The festival will offer a great jazz feast for jazz lovers and tourists.
China Highlights specializes in tailor-making China tours. Check out China Highlights' popular Shanghai tours.
If you are interested in touring Shanghai to see the festival, contact us and we can arrange a tour for you based on your requirements.
- Sep. 20–21 Sennheiser Green Note: 200 RMB (presale, one day), 250 RMB (on the door, one day)
- Oct. 15–19 Nong Qing Jing'an BMW Masters Hall: 280 RMB, 480 RMB, 680 RMB, 1080 RMB, or 1280 RMB, depending on seating
How to Get There
- Shanghai Expo Park: bus 177 or 1030.
- Shanghai Centre Theatre: bus 20, 21, or 37, or subway line 2.