The restaurant is located the lakeside of Cihu Lake (慈湖) with traditional Chinese architectural style. It should be the most popular one in Ningbo. The chicken soup (土鸡汤) is very delicious and fresh, the shrimp cooked with dried vegetable (干菜河虾) is very tender, the steamed vinasse with mashed nuts (酒糟核桃羹) is very fragrant, and the soya-bean milk (豆浆) is very pure. Other recommended dishes are: fried glutinous pudding (麻糍), crispy durian cake (榴莲酥), brown-sugar cake with osmanthus fragrance (桂花红糖糕), Hangzhou style smoked fish (杭式熏鱼) and reeves shad cooked with vinasse (酒糟鲥鱼).
- Chinese name: 走马楼 Zou Ma Lou /dsow ma low/
- Average price per person: 131 yuan
- Opening hours: 11am–1:30pm, 4:30pm–8pm
- Attributes: Business banquet, family-friendly, romantic
- Address: 117 Cicheng Minquan Road, Jiangbei District (江北区慈城民权路117号)
- Tel: 0574-87570777
Tie Ge Bi Restaurant
It must be the most popular restaurant among natives in Ningbo, mainly serving Nongno home style dishes. Tang Bao Hua Ha (汤爆花蛤, fried clam soup) should be the signature dish there with fresh and delicious taste, almost being the must-be for customers eating there. Other highly recommended dishes are: croaker (a kind of fish) cooked with thin sheets of bean curd (腐皮黄鱼), Ningbo style baked vegetables (宁波烤菜), tofu cooked in clay pot (石锅豆腐), fried steamed buns in shallow oil (招牌生煎), steamed buns made of rice and algae (苔菜米馒头), roast New Year cake with black salted turnip (大头菜烤年糕), bullfrogs cooked with chestnuts (栗子牛蛙) and stir-fried New Year cake with crab (蟹炒年糕).
- Chinese name: 贴阁碧 Tie Ge Bi /tyeh ger bee/
- Average price per person: 62 yuan
- Attributes: Family-friendly, Romantic, common dinner, relaxation and besiness banquet
- Address: 16 Dongdu Road, Haishu District (海曙区东渡路16号)
- Tel: 0574-56681666
Ningbo has plenty of Muslim restaurants. We at China Highlights has listed some of the best ones, and you can check out more top Muslim restaurants in Ningbo.
There are many vegetarian restaurants in Ningbo. We at China Highlights has listed some of the best ones, and you can check out more top vegetarian restaurants in Ningbo.
I updated this article on August 6, 2012
See all my travel articles