Erdos is located in southwestern Inner Mongolia, neighboring several cities, including Hohhot, Baotou and Yulin. Among numerous tourist attractions, including natural scenic spots (such as Erdos Grassland and Resonant Sand Gorge) and historic sites (such as Mausoleum of Genghis Khan and Zhaojun Grave), the most famous one should be Mausoleum of Genghis Khan. In China’s railway network, Erdos is the transportation junction in Northwest China.
Erdos Airport is located in Taige Town, Ejin Horo Banner (伊金霍洛旗布尔台格乡), being about 45 kilometers from Erdos urban area and 20 kilometers from Mausoleum of Genghis Khan. Flights linking Erdos with Beijing, Shanghai, Xi’an, Shenzhen, Hohhot, Sanya, Zhengzhou and Chengdu are available in the airport.
How to get there
- Airport shuttle bus: Passengers can catch an airport shuttle bus in Dongsheng District, Erdos urban area (鄂尔多斯市区东胜区), the bus departs at: 08:00, 13:00, 16:00 and 18:00, and bus returns from the airport at: 10:00, 15:30, 18:30, 20:00. The ticket fare is 25 yuan per person.
- Take a taxi to the airport, which costs about 40 yuan.
- Take city bus 21 to Kangbashi New Area (康巴什新区) or take a bus (in Erdos Coach/Bus Station) to Ejin Horo Banner, and then take a taxi to the airport.
Erdos plays an important role in China’s railway network with several railways running pass the city. At present, trains to Hohhot, Baotou and Shenmu are available in Dongsheng Railway Station (东胜火车站), Erdos. However, passengers intending to Beijing, Tian, Shenyang and Xi’an should be transfer to corresponding trains in Baotou, and passengers can only purchase train tickets to above cities in Dongsheng Railway Station.
National road 109 and 210 run though the city, which brings a great convenience to Erdos’ transportation. Besides some counties and towns in Erdos, coaches/buses to Hohhot, Shijiazhuang, Yan’an, Shenmu and Baotou are also available in the city. There are two coach/bus stations in Dongsheng District, Erdos, the one near Zhengfu Street (政府街) sends coaches to other cities, while another (Shenxin Bus Station: 神鑫汽车站) sends coaches to nearby towns.
Erdos has 7 bus routes. Bus 1 and 4 go by Dongsheng Railway Station, and the rest all go by coach/bus stations.
The flag down fare for catching a taxi is 5 yuan. Because Erdos is very small, 5 yuan is enough for taking a taxi to most places in urban area.
Questions and Answers About Ordos Transportation
Hello FRANCISCA, you can take a taxi at the airport.
We can also arrange the transfer for you. How many people in your group, please?Whitney Liao replied on 2012-08-15
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on April 25, 2012
See all my travel articles