Laozhuan Village Shandong Restaurant
The restaurant mainly serves Shandong dishes, with unique decorations: the lamp-chimneys which are decorated with the element of shadow puppet and the wooden tables and chairs give guests a comfortable dinning feeling. Jiu Zhuan Da Chang (九转大肠, pig’s large intestines braised in soy sauce) with light sweet taste must be the signature dish there. Other popular dishes are stewed pork with brown sauce (红烧肉), sweet potato in caramel (拨丝地瓜), Lao Cu Zhe Tou (老醋蛰头, fried dumpling (锅贴), stir-fried chicken with pepper (辣子鸡), sea cucumber cooked with minced meat (肉末海参), fish filets in hot chili oil (水煮鱼), Taishan Sanmei (泰山三美, cabbage cooked with tofu), soya-bean milk (豆浆) and Shizi Tou (狮子头, large meatball).
- Chinese name: 老转村山东菜馆 Laozhuan Cun Shangdong Caiguan /laoww-jwan tswnn tseye-gwan/
- Average price per person: 87 yuan
- Address: 1388 Cultural Street, 8 Minjiang Third Road, Shinan District (市南区闽江三路8号1388文化街内)
- Tel: 0532-80776776
There is a branch in Minjiang Road, and it can be the most popular restaurant in Qingdao.
- Average price per person: 74 yuan
- Address: 112 Minjiang Road, Shinan District (市南区闽江路112号)
- Tel: 0532-8572 1776, 5721 776
- Transportation: Take bus 12, 26, 125 or 319 and get off at Branch Campus of Qingdao No.2 Middle School (青岛二中分校).
I updated this article on September 10, 2012
See all my travel articles