Qinhuangdao Muslim Restaurants
Lao Er Wei Restaurant
Lao Er Wei Restaurant, an old and popular Muslim restaurant, primarily offers different types of snacks and other delicious halal dishes.
Its specialty is sesame seed cakes, praised for their yellow color, crispy and tender taste, and pure sesame fragrance.
Steamed dumplings stuffed with minced beef are highly enjoyed and recommended because of their unique craftsmanship and good presentation. They have thick stuffing, but thin dumpling wrappers, and are fresh, tender, juicy, and appetizing.
The restaurant is also praised for its warm service and clean setting.
- Chinese name: 老二位饭庄 Lao Er Wei Fanzhuang
- Recommended dishes: sautéed sliced beef or mutton with egg and black mushroom (木须肉), sautéed beef tenderloin with sweet and sour sauce (糖醋里脊), mutton hot pot (涮羊肉), sliced beef in hot chili oil soup (水煮牛肉), and lamb sweetbread soup (羊杂汤).
- Average price per person: 22 yuan
- Address: 15 Culture North Road, Harbor District 海港区文化北路15号
- Tel: 0335-3044452, 0335-3051616
- Transportation: Take bus 2, 17, 19, 25, 31, 35, or 36, and get off at Huanglian Shangsha (Huanglian Commercial Building/华联商厦).
Aladdin Western-Region-Flavor Restaurant
Aladdin Western Region Flavored Restaurant was the first Xinjiang-style restaurant in Qinhuangdao. It primarily serves a variety of Muslim-style dishes, such as braised oxtail and sautéed ox tripe with coriander. The dishes there are original, tasty, and excellent.
The restaurant integrates China's western region culture with modern fashion, showing its quiet elegance through a combination of red and yellow colors, ethnic pillars and windows, exquisite tables and chairs, unique pendant lamps, and exotic paintings.
- Chinese name: 阿拉丁西域风情餐厅 Alading Xiyu Fengqing Canting
- Recommended dishes: grilled naan (烤馕), yogurt (酸奶), mutton kebab (羊肉串), Xinjiang rice (手抓饭), grilled bun (烤包子), Xinjiang-style braised chicken (大盘鸡), garlic chicken (蒜香鸡), fish in hot and sour soup (酸辣瓦块鱼), pita bread soaked in lamb soup (羊肉泡馍), special-flavored sautéed lamb with naan (风味馕炒肉), stewed beef briskets with little cuttlefish and mushrooms (牛腩炖墨鱼蘑菇), and mutton soup (羊肉汤).
- Average price per person: 30 yuan
- Opening hours: 9:30am–9:30pm
- Address: 171 Construction Avenue, Harbor District 海港区建设大街171号
- Tel: 0335-3568788, 0335-3568988
- Transportation: Take bus 2, 3, or 16, and get off at Renmin Lu (People Road/人民路).
Mu Hong Cun Restaurant
Mu Hong Cun Restaurant is well-known for its authentic and great Muslim-style dishes and snacks. As its specialty, the deep-fried taro sticks with sesame stands out for its crisp outside and tender inside, and its good taste.
The restaurant has an old architecture style and its interior environment is simple, neat, and tidy, which make guests who enjoy meals there relaxed and content. Moreover, considerate service is the pride of the restaurant.
- Chinese name: 穆鸿村大饭店 Mu Hong Cun Da Fandian
- Recommended dishes: sautéed sliced lamb with green onion (葱爆羊肉), braised beef with potatoes (土豆烧牛肉), mutton kebab (羊肉串), sautéed shelled shrimps with gingko (虾仁白果), deep-fried marinated beef filet (锅包肉), and sautéed sweet corn with pine nuts (松仁玉米),
- Average price per person: 36 yuan
- Opening hours: 9:30am–2pm, 4:30am–9pm,
- Address: 168 Nation Road, Harbor District 海港去民族路168号
- Tel: 0335-3500168
- Transportation: Take bus 18, 20, or 24, and get off at Yatai Pifa Shangsha (Yatai Wholesale Commercial Building/亚泰批发商厦).
I updated this article on August 27, 2012
See all my travel articles