Enjoy a Lemon-Yellow Autumn in Shanghai
The lemon-yellow ginkgo leaves will highlight the late autumn in Shanghai. Here are some wonderful places for you to enjoy such scenery and do photography.
1. The Gallery of Old Ginkgoes in Changxing (长兴银杏长廊)
The Old Ginkgo Gallery lies in Xiaopu Baduka, Changxing County, Huzhou City, Zhejiang Province, about a 30-minute-drive from Changxing County. With 30,000 native wild ginkgoes (more than 2,700 of them are hundred-year-old plants), the 12.5-kilometer-long path is covered by a golden carpet of ginkgo leaves. This is why people named it ginkgo gallery. Besides, another ginkgo wood, which is also attractive, is located nearby.
Nearby attractions: The Lei Di Sen (Tian Mu) Hot Springs (雷迪森温泉) in Huzhou City and its recreational project-- Fisherman’s Wharf, along with the nearby ginkgo woods in Changxing. It is a one-stop tourist route including some of the best hot springs in Lei Di Sen (Tian Mu) Resort Hotel, many fantastic restaurants in Fisherman’s Wharf, and eye-catching scenic of ginkgo leaves.
2. Shanghai Concert Hall (上海音乐厅)
You can see a ginkgo woods in front of Shanghai Concert Hall, which faces Jinling Road, named The Ginkgo Square. The best time for photography is from mid -November to early December. You might meet newlyweds who are taking their wedding pictures there, if lucky. And of course it will be a special scene of your trip.
- Address: 523 Yan An East Road, Huangpu District (Near Tibet Middle Road) (黄浦区延安东路523号, 近西藏中路).
Transportation: Take subway line 8 and get off at Big World (大世界). Or take bus 17, 18, 23, 71, 126, 127, 518, 925, 936, or tunnel 4 and get off at Tibet Middle Road (西藏中路).
3. Shimen Yi Road and Dagu Intersection (石门一路和大沽路口)
It is a long line of ginkgoes from Dagu road, Shi Men Yi road to Weihai road. One side of the sidewalks and bicycle lanes are planted on lots of ginkgoes. It is extraordinarily beautiful, with great golden leaves falling down from Ginkgo trees.
- Nearby attractions: Nanjing West Road, Wujiang Road.
- Address: Dagu Road, Shimen Yi Road, Weihai Road (大沽路, 石门一路, 威海路).
- Transportation: Subway: Take subway line 2 and get off at Nanjing West Road Station (南京西路). Or take bus 23, 24, 41, 301, or 955 (There is no direct bus to get there, please take off at Shimen Yi Road 石门一路 and walk for a short distance).
4. Shanghai Century Park (上海世纪公园)
It is a great choose to roam on the wooded paths in the park. Ginkgo, poplar, maple, pignus elliottii and pond cypress woods are all covered by leaves. Paths, leaves and the still water of lakes, form the most beautiful scene of the Century Park.
- Address: 1001 Jinxiu Road, Pudong New District (浦东新区锦绣路1001号).
- Transportation: Take subway line 2 and get off at the Century Park Station (世纪公园).
5. People’s Square (人民广场)
The People’s Square is next to Shanghai Concert Hall, about a 10-minute-walk distance. Ginkgoes are planted on two sides of the road which across the People’s Square. Besides, the Urban Planning Pavilion and the biggest shopping mall in Shanghai--Raffles City are also great autumn features for photography.
- Nearby attractions: Nanjing East Road, Nanjing West Road. Nanjing Road is a gathering place of century-old shops and local delicacies.
- Address: Huangpu District (黄浦区).
- Transportation: Take subway line 1, 2, or 8 and get off at the People’s Square Station (人民广场). Or take bus 112, or 49 and get off at the People’s Square Station (人民广场).
6. Xiangyang Park (襄阳公园）
Xiang Yang Park is located on Xiangyang Intersection, Huaihai Middle Road. In the central area of the park, on the side of the Great Lawn, lie two special ginkgoes.
One more important tip: the entrance to Xiang Yang Park is free.
- Nearby attractions: Huaihai Road.
- Address: Huaihai Middle Road, Xuhui District (徐汇区淮海中路).
- Transportation: Take subway line 1 and get off at Shanxi South Road Station (陕西南路). Or take bus 24, 41, 104, or 128 and get off at Shanxi South Road Station (陕西南路).
7. Lujiazui Green Land (陆家嘴绿地)
The Green Land is opposite to Jin Mao Tower and Shanghai World Financial Centre, next to the Oriental Pearl Tower. And a row of ginkgoes is in the depth of it, near the side of the Century Avenue. Few tourists visit such a quiet place.
- Nearby attractions: The Oriental Pearl Tower, Shanghai World Financial Centre, and Jin Mao Tower.
- Address: 160 Lu Jia Zui East Road, Pudong New District (opposite to Jin Mao Tower) (浦东新区陆家嘴东路160号，金茂大厦对面).
- Transportation: Take bus Lu Jia Zui Cycling Line or bus 119, 630, 798, 799, 818, or 992 and get off at Lu Jia Zui Subway Station (陆家嘴地铁站).
8. Zhongshan Park (中山公园)
After entrance, please walk along the stone bridge, go on walking for a few minutes, and you will see the ginkgoes and torreya gradins merrily.
- Nearby attractions: Dragon Dreams
- Address: 1307 Changning Road (长宁路1307号).
- Transportation: Take subway line 2, 3, or 4 and get off at Zhong Shan Park Station (中山公园).
9. The Old Ginkgoes Park (古银杏树公园)
It is a historical and beautiful park with dense woods of old ginkgoes. The restful sight here is rare and unique among all the ginkgo scenes.
- Nearby attractions: Anting County
- Address: Taihai Road (Near Anchen Road), Anting County, Jiading District (嘉定区安亭镇泰海路，近安辰路).
- Transportation: Take subway line Jiating, Song An Special Line and get off at Anting Bus Stop (安亭汽车站). Or take bus Anting 2, or Anting 4 and get off at Anting Bus Stop (安亭汽车站).
10. The Old City Park (古城公园)
The Old City Park is on the northwestern corner of the renowned Yuyuan Garden in Shanghai. It divides into north part and south part by the People’s Road. Its west part stretches to Anren Street, while south part to Fuyou Road. The park covers an area of 38,800 square kilometers. Its major plants include Osmanthus, Zelkova, Pterocarya, Podocarpus wang ii, Magnolia Alba, Jacaranda and Ginkgo.
- Nearby attractions: Yuyuan Garden and Temple of the City God (Cheng Huang Miao 城隍庙).
- Address: 333 the People’s Road. (Ren Min Road人民路333号).
- Transportation: Take bus 11, 66, 926, or 929 and get off at Lao Bei Men (Yuyuan Station 豫园站).
Check out our best selling tour: Three-Day Essence Tour Of Shanghai
- Things to Do
- Top Reasons to Visit
- Top Things to Do
- Things to Do With Kids