Travel Tips for Senior Travelers to Shanghai
Dotted with countless modern skyscrapers, but also oriental architecture and colonial neighborhoods, Shanghai is a bustling and leisurely city for senior travelers to make a trip to.
There are some things that need to be done before making your trip.
- Have a physical examination to see if you are able to go on a journey afar.
- Find an accompanier.
- Don’t make your travel plan tight. Leave some time for a rest.
- Find the detailed information of the places you want to visit, including the address, transportation, opening time, phone number and ticket price.
- Tell your travel advisor and tour guide what you need, including the food and other specific requirements.
- Don't carry too much money on your person. Use a credit card.
- What to carry: Your insurance policy, visa, passport, travel advisor's and tour guide's phone number, a business card of the hotel you are staying at, and medicine you need to take frequently.
Where to Visit
- Don't choose the adventurous activities.
- Don't climb up the Shanghai World Financial Center in Pudong New District if you have any heart disease.
- Long-distance walking and hiking tours are usually too tiring for senior travelers.
Shanghai has many cultural scenic attractions that senior travelers shouldn't miss. Here are some popular attractions and activities suitable for senior travelers.
- Cultural scenic attractions: Yuyuan Garden, the Bund (take a bus ride), Jade Buddha Temple, City God Temple, China Art Palace, top museums in Shanghai, water towns near Shanghai (take a boat ride), Huangpu River (night cruise)
- Fun and meaningful activities: learning tai chi, learning Chinese cooking and the language, visiting the local residents’ homes in the old alleys
See more Shanghai attractions.
During Your Trip
- Tell your tour guide to follow your pace.
- Have breakfast before leaving the hotel.
- Ask for help if you need it. People in China are friendly and will give you a hand.
- Subways and city buses in Shanghai are not recommended as they are crowded. Taking taxis to the destinations is more convenient. China Highlights' tours include easy accessible private transport. Contact us to find out more.
We at China Highlights work hard to make the best tour of China for you. All tours are fully customizable. You can also see our tailor-made form to create your own tour of Shanghai with beautiful memories.
Recommended Tours of Shanghai for Senior Travelers
- Essence of Shanghai with Chinese Language Learning Tour
- Shanghai Memories and Zhujiajiao Water Town Tour
- Shanghai Memories Tour
Questions and Answers About Travel Tips for Senior Travelers to Shanghai
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on February 14, 2014
See all my travel articles
- Things to Do
- Top Reasons to Visit
- Top Things to Do
- Things to Do With Kids
- Travel Information
- Travel Tips
- Shanghai Trip Planner
- Accommodation Guide
- Train Schedules