Shanghai Art Museum
A collection of contemporary and modern art works and masterpieces.
Situated in Nanjing West Rd and against the backdrop of the prosperous People’s square, Shanghai Art Museum, together with Shanghai Grand Theater, Shanghai Museum, and Shanghai City-planning Museum constitutes a landmark and a cultural hub of Shanghai. Built on the former Shanghai Race Club in 1933, the museum belonged to English architecture genre of 1930s. With 12 exhibition halls and a collection of more than 8000 articles , the museum makes the visitors stand in awe the moment he or she enters the grand lobby. Watching the quaint columns ,ascending the wide steps with your hands caressing the bronze horse head statues and browsing on the masterpieces by different artists can be a guide down the memory lane of this city .
- Modern and contemporary art works
- Local style oil paintings , new year festival paintings, comic series and carved paintings
- Open Hours: 09:00 – 17:00
- Add: No. 325 Nanjing West Rd.
Questions and Answers About Shanghai Art Museum
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on January 13, 2014
See all my travel articles
- Things to Do
- Top Reasons to Visit
- Top Things to Do
- Things to Do With Kids
- Travel Information
- Travel Tips
- Shanghai Trip Planner
- Accommodation Guide
- Train Schedules