Zhujiajiao Wild Animals and Plants Wetland Park
Shanghai Zhujiajiao Wildlife Wetland Park is a good place to relax and interact with nature. Tourists can sit on the grassy field and watch the wild animals living at the park. It is very difficult to find such a place so close to nature in a modern city like Shanghai. The park has the largest swan lake in China and the largest lotus pond in Shanghai. There are villas for travelers to stay at around the lake. If you stay there on a summer night, you can see hundreds of fireflies shimmering above the water's surface. China Highlights provides customized day trips to the park and to Zhujiajiao Water Town.
- The park has the largest swan lake in China.
- The park houses dozens of rare animals, including white mastiff, wild egrets, and monkeys.
- Zhujiajiao is located 40 km from Shanghai. It takes about one hour to get to the park from Shanghai by private vehicle and one-and-a-half hours on public transportation.
- Public transportation route: Take subway line 2 to East Xujin station, and then take bus no. 27 to Dingshan Lake at Zhuhu Road station. Turn right and walk about 10 minutes to arrive at the front gate of the park.
- The park is free of charge, but watching wild animals and rafting to the island costs CNY50 (US$7.9) per person.
- Please do not try to catch, feed, or touch the animals without permission from the zookeepers.
- You can arrange a day tour along with visiting Zhujiajiao Water Town.
Questions and Answers About Zhujiajiao Wild Animals and Plants Wetland Park
I updated this article on November 8, 2013
See all my travel articles
- Things to Do
- Top Reasons to Visit
- Top Things to Do
- Things to Do With Kids