Baoding Club House Restaurant
It mainly serves Hebei style dishes, and most dishes are cooked in local home style. The restaurant is decorated classically, giving guests a cutlural dinning enviroment. Highly recommeded dishes are Li Hongzhang No.1 Stewed Dish (李鸿章一品炖菜, stewed marbled pork in Hebei style), baked wheaten cake which wrapped ass meat inside (驴肉火烧), Zongdu Tofu (总督豆腐, tofu cooked with meat stuffing, dried scallop, shrimp, garlic sprouts and ginger) and Guo Bao Zhou Zi (锅包肘子, the main ingredient is the upper part of a pig’s leg, and it is stewed first, then wrapped in flour and fried).
- Chinese name: 保定会馆 Baoin Huiguan /baoww-ding hway-gwan/
- Average price per person: 98 yuan
- Address: 175 Yuhua East Road, Chang’an District (长安区裕华东路175号)
- Tel: 0311-8507 7777
Baoding Club House Restaurant Hongqi Street Branch (红旗大街店)
- Average price per person: 108 yuan
- Address: 25 Hongqi Street, Qiaoxi District (桥西区红旗大街25号)
- Tel: 0311-8399 7777
The restaurant serves the dishes cooked in home style, with bright color, nice taste and fragrant flavor. It has a really unique structure: the restaurant has four courtyards, and the themes are Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter respectively; and each courtyard has its own style with a conjunct theme: countryside life. Guests can have dinner in a boat on floor 1. Several popular dishes are: Da Ban Cai (大拌菜, cold vegetable dish in sauce), braised ass meat with pickled garlic (腊八蒜烧驴肉), Culiang Pinpan (粗粮拼盘, the main ingredients are coarse grain food, such as those nuts, corn and cereals and other food rich in complex carbohydrates cellulose) and braised eggplant (烧茄子).
- Chinese name: 河北人家 Hebei Renjia /her-bay rnn-jyah/
- Average price per person: 48 yuan
- Address: 27 Huaian Road, Qiaoxi District (桥西区槐安路27号)
- Tel: 0311-8385 3333
The Big Dipper Restaurant
It is a quite popular restaurant in Shijianzhuang. Shenxian Chicken (神仙鸡, a kind of dish similar to roast chicken) is the signature dish with crisp skin and tender chicken meat. Other recommended dishes are Guzha Meat Ball (骨渣丸子, meat ball wrapped gristle inside), braised pork balls in gravy sauce (四喜丸子), Maopen fish and pie (馅饼).
- Chinese name: 北斗星 Beidou Xing /bay-doh xing/
- Average price per person: 30 yuan
- Address: 156 Heping Road, Qiaodong District (桥东区和平路156号)
- Tel: 0311-8608 8866
Xiangjun Mansion Restaurant
It is a quite popular restaurant in Shijiazhuang, which mainly serves spiced and hot Hunan style dishes. Steamed fish head with diced hot red pepper (剁椒鱼头) is the signature dish, with fragrant and hot diced red pepper and tender fish meat. Radish balls (萝卜丸子) and shredded potato (土豆丝) are two aonther highly recommended dishes.
- Chinese name: 湘君府 Xiangjun Fu /sshyung-jwnn foo/
- Average price per person: 61 yuan
- Address: Tiyu South Street, Yuhua District (裕华区体育南大街)
- Tel: 0311-8588 4649
Xiangjun Mansion Yuhua West Road Branch (裕华西路店)
- Average price per person: 54 yuan
- Address: Yuhua West Road, Qiaoxi District (桥西区裕华西路)
- Tel: 0311-8361 8999, 8362 8999
Ermwi Little Town Restaurant
The restaurant is designed in very quiet and elegant style, mainly serving Sichuan dishes, which is famous for the delicious and hot feature. Snow pear cooked with red wine (红酒雪梨) should be the unique dish, which is really worthy to try. Mao Xue Wang and San Bei Chicken are two highly recommended hot and spicy dishes: Mao Xue Wang (毛血旺, one of the most famous Sichuan dish, and the main ingredient is duck blood); San Bei Chicken (三杯鸡, braised chicken in one cup of rice wine, one cup of soy sauce and one cup of sesame oil). Other popular dishes are fish filets in hot chili oil (二代水煮鱼), braised mushroom with goose liver paste (鹅肝酱烧菌子), spare ribs cooked with preserved plum (话梅排骨) and pork lungs in chili sauce (夫妻肺片).
- Chinese name: 峨眉小镇 Ermei Xiaozhen /er-may sshyaoww-zhnn/
- Average price per person: 68 yuan
- Address: Floor 5, Huating Fashion Business Hotel, 192 Zhongshan East Road, Chang’an District (长安区中山东路192号华庭时尚商务酒店5楼)
- Tel: 0311-8888 2880
Ermwi Little Town Restaurant International Mansion Branch (国际大厦店)
- Average price per person: 68 yuan
- Address: Floor 2, International Mansion, 301 Zhongshan East Road, Chang’an District (长安区中山东路301号国际大厦2楼)
- Tel: 0311-8591 9881
Quan Ju De Restaurant
If you want to relish Beijing roast duck in Shijiazhuang, Quan Ju De restaurant must be the first one. Beijing roast duck (北京烤鸭) has crisp skin and tender meat, being really worthy to try. The dishes made out of the other parts of duck, such as duck heart, duck tongue, duck neck and duck intestine, are also delicious. Baked duck hearts (火燎鸭心) is very popular.
- Chinese name: 全聚德 Quan Ju De /chwen jyoo der/
- Average price per person: 72 yuan
- Address: 9 Jianshe South Street, Yuhua District (裕华区建设南大街9号)
- Tel: 0311-8621 1266, 8621 1566
Light Fishing Port Restaurant
Light Fishing Port Restaurant should be a nice choice for relishing fish. Steamed fish head with diced hot red pepper (剁椒鱼头), fish filets in hot chili oil (水煮鱼), Wugu Fish (无骨鱼, cooked fish having been taken off bones) and sleeve-fish are all very popular. Some other recommend dishes are crispy durian cake (榴莲酥), shrimp meat cooked with asparagus (芦笋虾球), snow pear cooked with red wine (红酒雪梨) and mutton chops (羊排).
- Chinese name: 光明渔港 Guangming Yugang /gwung-ming yoo-gung/
- Average price per person: 75 yuan
- Address: Floor 6, Xian Tianxia Plaza, 326 Zhongshan East Road, Chang’an District (长安区中山东路326号先天下广场6楼)
- Tel: 0311-8593 6601, 8593 6602
- Transportation: Take bus 1, 5, 10, 12, 28, 41, 42, 60, 69, 116 or K5 and get off at Municipal Newspaper Office (市报社).
Questions and Answers About Shijiazhuang Restaurants
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.