Suzhou Travel Tips
Suzhou is famed for its beautiful gardens and traditional waterside architecture. The Classical Gardens of Suzhou were added to the UNESCO World Heritage List in 1997. Located on downstream Yangtze River, Suzhou has distinctive seasons, and the best time to visit Suzhou is from January to April. Tourists who travel to Suzhou in early spring or late autumn should prepare enough winter clothing, for the temperature might drop suddenly.
Carefully arrange your schedule since most scenic spots close around 5:30pm.
You can not take a car or bus to some scenic spots since they are hidden away in narrow alleys, but you can take a bicycle or pedicab to get there. Remember to make a deal with the driver before you take a pedicab to prevent an awkward situation after the ride if the fee charged is in excess of your expectations.
Don't forget to take back home some souvenirs, Suzhou style Embroidery and Biluochun Green Tea are the two most popular local products for you to choose.
Useful Travel Information
The Zhejiang Branch of Bank of China
- Address: No.110, Dong Wu North Street, Suzhou
The First Affiliated Hospital of Suzhou University
- Address: No.96, Shizi Street
- The Fifth People's Hospital of Suzhou
- Address: No.2, Xi Er Road
- Fire: 119
- Police: 110
- Ambulance: 120
- Traffic: 122
Questions and Answers About Suzhou Travel Tips
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on February 10, 2014
See all my travel articles