Tianjin Weather in December
December is chilly and freezing cold, with a maximum temperature of 6 °C (43 °F) and a minimum temperate of – 7 °C (19 °F). It rains little during the month, and is dry. Snow falls lightly and occasionally. Wear a down jacket or a fur coat to stay warm, and use moisturizer for your skin.
The Laba Rice Porridge Festival (from the 8th of the 12th month during the Chinese calendar) usually falls in December. It is said that the Laba Festival marks the coldest days of the year. Chinese people are accustomed to eating porridge during this festival.
December falls in the low travel season. There are few tourists in the city, and discounts on hotel rooms and flights are easy to obtain. If you plan to visit Tianjin in December, see our Tianjin tours or have us tailor-make a tour to Tianjin for you. See our Tianjin tours.
Tianjin Climate Information by Month
- Tianjin Weather in January
- Tianjin Weather in February
- Tianjin Weather in March
- Tianjin Weather in April
- Tianjin Weather in May
- Tianjin Weather in June
- Tianjin Weather in July
- Tianjin Weather in August
- Tianjin Weather in September
- Tianjin Weather in October
- Tianjin Weather in November
- Tianjin Weather in December
Questions and Answers About Tianjin Weather in December
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on July 30, 2012
See all my travel articles