Tianjin Weather in January
January is the coldest month in Tianjin. The highest temperature is 2 °C (36 °F) and the lowest temperature is – 8 °C (18 °F). Heating is supplied in houses, and a thin sweater is enough if you are indoors. Outdoors it is freezing and windy, so you need warm clothing , such as thick sweaters, a down-filled coat, gloves, and a hat to stay warm. Since it snows and rains a little this month, it is very dry. Be sure to have soothing moisturizer on hand.
January is a festive time in China. Chinese New Year (the Spring Festival) may take places at the end of this month or in early to mid February. The festival brings many cultural activities in the streets, such as lion dances, temple fairs, and lantern displays. This is the best time of the year to experience authentic Chinese culture.
January does not fall during the peak travel season in Tianjin. If the Spring Festival is held this month, traffic is busy and the country is crowded. If you plan to visit Tianjin in January, see our Tianjin tours or have us tailor-make a tour to Tianjin and plan ahead.
Tianjin Climate Information by Month
- Tianjin Weather in January
- Tianjin Weather in February
- Tianjin Weather in March
- Tianjin Weather in April
- Tianjin Weather in May
- Tianjin Weather in June
- Tianjin Weather in July
- Tianjin Weather in August
- Tianjin Weather in September
- Tianjin Weather in October
- Tianjin Weather in November
- Tianjin Weather in December
Questions and Answers About Tianjin Weather in January
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on September 3, 2012
See all my travel articles