Yalu River Border Tourism Zone
Yalu River Border Tourism Zone is located in Ji'an City, facing Democratic People's Republic of Korea across Yalu River. Inside the zone spread unique geographical landscape, where visitors can appreciate local customs and practices of ethnic characteristics. The border river, bridge and dam are all open to travelers.
There are many popular attractions around, such as Guodongda Cave, Cave Complex, Tongtian Cave, Sanjiaotianya Cliff and Daguanyin Cave. The mountains, peaks, valleys, and ditches are telling the history of thousand-year deep-cut erosion landscape.
On both banks of the Yalu River are numerous steep triangles fault rocks, craggy granite cliffs, peaks, exotic river islands and so on.
- How to get there: The zone is not far from Ji'an Bus Station. It takes only 10-20 minutes to walk there. Travelers can also take man-power vehicles or taxis, normally with a price of 3 yuan.
- Ticketing: Admission Free, but it costs 25 yuan to take the sightseeing boat on the Yalu River.
Local Food and Dinning
White fish are abundant in the Yalu River in recent years, so you can have a taste of various fish dishes while enjoying the scenic area. Usually it takes 20 yuan per Jin (斤 in Chinese, a Chinese unit of weight equal to half kilogram). In addition, the barbecue of Korean characteristics is highly suggested because of its different flavor and low price.
Questions and Answers About Yalu River Border Tourism Zone
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on July 4, 2012
See all my travel articles