Essence Of Chengde Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Chengde
Chengde has many places of great interest including the largest royal garden in China - the Summer Resort and the largest group of royal temples - the Eight Temples, north of the Great Wall. Come to Chengde to discover the mysteries of northern China.
Duration: 3 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Chengde, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Chengde)
Place & Transport: Chengde
Today's Activities: Chengde Summer Palace, Puning Temple, Xumi Fushou Temple, Putuozongcheng Temple
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Zhengyang hotel
- Chengde Summer Palace: Chengde Summer Palace, located in the north of Chengde city, was a place where emperors from the Qing dynasty spent their summers to escape the heat in Beijing. Occupying an area of 564,000 square meters, it is the largest royal garden in China, even bigger than the Summer Palace in Beijing. The historically important Chengdo Summer Palace is not only a tourist destination, but also a museum to explore the history and culture of the Qing Dynasty. The palace is surrounded by a lake. You can also take a walk outside the palace.
- Puning Temple: Punning Temple, also called Big Buddha Temple, has the world's largest wooden Buddha. This Buddha has thousands of hands and eyes. It is 22 meters high and 15 meters wide. The temple was built to commemorate Emperor Qianlong's victory over the Mongolian rebellion. The front of the temple was built in traditional Chinese style, but the temple complex features both Han and Tibetan style buildings. The temple has drum and bell towers, numerous pavilions and halls.
- Xumi Fushou Temple: Xumi Fushou Temple, located near Putuozongcheng Temple, was built in an imitation of the Tashilhunpo Monastery in Tibet. It was built as a residence for the sixth Panchan Lama who traveled a great distance from Tibet to Chengde in 1870. He was to participate in the celebration of Emperor Qianlong's birthday. Ironically, the temple's name, meaning happiness and longevity, runs contrary to its history and the Lama's unfortunate destiny. He had to be sent home for burial after succumbing to small pox.
- Putuozongcheng Temple: Putuozongcheng Temple is reminiscent of the Dala Lama’s Potala Palace in Tibet. It is considered as a great place to go if you cannot travel to Tibet. The temple was built to show the imperial family's respect for the minority groups and their beliefs. The temple is a marvelous sight with red walls that contrast against the green mountain backdrop. The top of the temple complex has a commanding view of the Chengde Summer Palace Resort.
- Zhengyang hotel: The restaurant is located at Zhengyang hotel. It serves Chinese food and local snacks.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||$199||$199||- / $60 / $52 /|
|6-9 Persons||-||$159||$149||- / $60 / $52 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||$219||$249||- / $81 / $98 /|
|6-9 Persons||-||$199||$209||- / $81 / $98 /|
Tour Length: 3 Days
Attractions: Chengde Summer Palace, Puning Temple, Xumi Fushou Temple, Putuozongcheng Temple
|Chengde||Chengde Yunshan Hotel
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Chengde by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.