Guilin Amazing Chinese Qigong And Traditional Medicine Experience Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Guilin
Traditional Chinese Medicine(TCM) is the oldest and most extensive methods of medical treatment in the world, and has been providing solutions to human health problems for more than 2,000 years. Qigong is a great form of exercise, especially for those with osteoarthritis. It can help you build your leg muscles, strengthen your posture, and improve your balance, flexibility, and mobility. Join us for this Traditional Chinese Medicine and Qigong tour, to learn more about Chinese medicine and Qigong which will help to keep healthy.
Duration: 6 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Guilin, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Guilin)
Place & Transport: Guilin
Today's Activities: Reed Flute Cave, Elephant Trunk Hill, Lecture on Traditional Chinese Medicine and Qigong, Calligraphy & Painting shop (Guangxi Normal University Art Shop)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at McFound Restaurant
- Reed Flute Cave (1 hour): Located 5 kilometers northwest of Guilin city, the Reed Flute Cave gets the name from the reeds used for making flutes and pipes that grow at its entrance. The cave is regarded as the largest and most impressive cave in Guilin. It is 240 meters long, and the length of the tour is about 550 meters offering a magic land of stalactites, stalagmites, stone pillars, stone curtains, birds, plants and animals in fantastic shapes and colors. The visit lasts for 40 minutes and there are a lot of steps. Watch your step as the lights are dim. You guide will show you by electric torch.
- Elephant Trunk Hill (40 minutes): Elephant Trunk Hill is located at the junction of Li River and Peach Blossom River. It is the symbol of Guilin with 55 meters high and got its name because its shape resembles an elephant with its trunk drinking from the Li River. The hill is pierced with many caves and topped with a small pagoda.
- Lecture on Traditional Chinese Medicine and Qigong (3 hours): TCM is used by a large number of world's population. Unlike Western medicine, TCM treats and evaluates each person as an individual and the body as whole.
Qigong (Ch'i Kong) is an internal martial art in which one learns to sense the Qi moving in ones own body. Advanced practitioners are able to move the Qi in their body at will. Basically, Qigong is a quiet meditative activity with profound physical, mental and spiritual side effects.
Qigong is a great form of exercise, especially for those with osteoarthritis. It can help you build your leg muscles, strengthen your posture, and improve your balance, flexibility, and mobility. It also can teach you to relax and focus, even while executing the moves, and is a way to harmonize the musculoskeletal and nervous systems. In addition, it helps to develop concentration and coordination, and can reduce the risk of falls common with the elderly.
Our Lecturer Mr.Luo is a teacher at the Guilin Medical College. He suffered Epilepsy and Myasthenia gravis 20 years ago so he started to study TCM and Qigong , he recovered.
- Calligraphy & Painting shop (Guangxi Normal University Art Shop): Guangxi Normal University Painting gallery is sheltered by towering ancient trees and just a few steps away from a precipitous limestone pinnacle, called Solitary Beauty Peak. At the foot of the hill are buildings dating back to the Ming Dynasty, some 5-6 hundreds of years ago. The setting is a great inspiration for the teacher & students who work there. Works done by the teacher and other artists are available for sale as well as art supplies and jade. There is no pressure to buy!
Address: Jingjiang Royal City ( Under the Solitary Beauty Peak )
- McFound Restaurant: A restaurant which decorated in traditional northern style, with wheaten food of full aroma and household atmosphere of authentic culture, is warmly welcome for customers.
Place & Transport: Guilin to Yangshuo
Today's Activities: Li River Cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Li River Cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo. (4 hours): A cruise along the Li River between Guilin and Yangshuo is an unforgettable experience. As you take in the stunning scenery, there's something interesting to see at almost every bend in the river. Between spectacular limestone peaks you'll see graceful bamboo groves, farmers tending rice paddies, and lumbering water buffaloes pulling carts or cooling off in the river. You may see fishermen gliding along on their narrow bamboo rafts, and if you're very lucky you might see one of the famous fishing cormorants. Boats depart from various wharves, according to the height of the river at different times of the year.The Li river cruise is by a medium size boat which can accommodate about 140 passengers.
Place & Transport: Yangshuo
Today's Activities: One Day Tour to Purple Bamboo Forest Nunnery
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
One Day Tour to Purple Bamboo Forest Nunnery: Purple Bamboo Forest Nunnery (Zizhu An) is about 30 mins' drive from Yangshuo town: The nunnery was built in 1894 and still houses 14 nuns. They lead a very simple and self sufficient lifestyle. They grow their own rice and vegetables. Today, you'll learn Buddhism meditation techniques, drink tea, practice Qigong and you'll work in the vegetable field with the nuns. You'll have a vegetarian lunch with nuns. Return to Yangshuo in the late afternoon. All the above activities will be under the instruction of Mr Luo.
Place & Transport: Yangshuo
Today's Activities: One Day Visit to Buddhism TCM Clinique
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
One Day Visit to Buddhism TCM Clinique: Under the instruction of Mr Luo, you’ll see how TCM doctor treat patients using acupuncture, Fire Treatment , cupping and moxibustion. You will have the chance to use those methods to treat a patient. You’ll have a vegetarian lunch with nuns. Return to Yangshuo in the late afternoon.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$1,079||$999||$899||$368 / $294 / $136 /|
|6-9 Persons||$719||$649||$499||$368 / $294 / $136 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$1,199||$1,109||$899||$483 / $399 / $136 /|
|6-9 Persons||$849||$759||$509||$483 / $399 / $136 /|
Tour Length: 6 Days
Attractions: Reed Flute Cave, Elephant Trunk Hill, Li River Cruise
||Guilin Bravo Hotel
||Guilin Osmanthus Hotel
|Yangshuo||Green Lotus Hotel
||Green Lotus Hotel
||Yangshuo Aiyuan Hotel
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Guilin, Yangshuo by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.