Walking Tour With The City Highlights
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Guilin
Feast your eyes on hiking in the city heartland of Fir Lake and Banyan Lake, and to the world’s well-known Li River, experience the local residence life and enjoy every peaceful moment on the tour, see Guilin in the way of walking, you will get more than you expect.
Duration: 4 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Guilin, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Guilin)
Place & Transport: Guilin
Today's Activities: Walking along the Banyan Lake and Cedar Lake, Elephant Trunk Hill, Reed Flute Cave, Pearl Culture Shop
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at McFound Restaurant
- Walking along the Banyan Lake and Cedar Lake: Banyan Lake (Rong Hu) and Fir Lake (Shan Hu) are two beautiful lake parks conveniently located in the center of Guilin. Banyan Lake is on the west side of Zhongshan Road and is named after the surrounding banyan trees, including an ancient banyan tree (1000years old) on its northern shore. Fir Lake is to the east, south of Shanhu Bei Road. These two lakes were originally the southern section of the moat that protected the ancient city of Guilin. An ancient south gate to the city is on the northern shore of Banyan Lake.The morning and evening is the time to see local retired people practice Tai chi and folk dancing along the banks of the river and lakes or you may see a couple taking their wedding pictures.A cruise on the Two Rivers and Four Lakes is strongly recommended.The twinkling lights shine on the two lakes at night ,gentle breeze, charming sceneries and music fountains will bring you into a fairy land.
- Elephant Trunk Hill (40 minutes): Elephant Trunk Hill is located at the junction of Li River and Peach Blossom River. It is the symbol of Guilin with 55 meters high and got its name because its shape resembles an elephant with its trunk drinking from the Li River. The hill is pierced with many caves and topped with a small pagoda.
- Reed Flute Cave (1 hour): Located 5 kilometers northwest of Guilin city, the Reed Flute Cave gets the name from the reeds used for making flutes and pipes that grow at its entrance. The cave is regarded as the largest and most impressive cave in Guilin. It is 240 meters long, and the length of the tour is about 550 meters offering a magic land of stalactites, stalagmites, stone pillars, stone curtains, birds, plants and animals in fantastic shapes and colors. The visit lasts for 40 minutes and there are a lot of steps. Watch your step as the lights are dim. You guide will show you by electric torch.
- Pearl Culture Shop: Guilin is fortunate to have a company that is licensed by the Government to both grow and sell pearls. The Pearls are cultivated in the clean waters of the South China Sea off the coast of Guangxi province and then transported to Guilin for processing and to be created in the superb jewelry that you will see exhibited. You will also learn how to tell the difference between real and fake pearls and well as seeing the production process. Pearls purchased here will be of the highest quality and their authenticity is guaranteed.
Tel: 0773-2893 008
Address: Opposite Sleeping Budda Rock, 12, Taohuajiang Road, Guilin
- McFound Restaurant: A restaurant which decorated in traditional northern style, with wheaten food of full aroma and household atmosphere of authentic culture, is warmly welcome for customers.
Place & Transport: Guilin to Yangshuo
Today's Activities: Hiking from Yangdi to Xingping Town
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Hiking from Yangdi to Xingping Town: Hiking along the Li River gives a great opportunity see the gorgeous Li River scenery close-up and the life of the farmers who live by the river. After a one hour drive from Guilin, you will arrive at Yangdi which is the starting point. The hike from Yangdi to Xingping is about 20 km and it takes about 5 hours at a medium pace. You will pass small villages; see rice fields, orchards and unique karst mountains. It is pleasant to count how many horses on the famous nine-horses-fresco as well as take a picture at Xingping which is featured on the 20 Yuan bank note. You will need to cross the river three times in a ferry boat during the hike. Our driver will pick you up at Xingping and then drive the 40 minutes to Yangshuo. Please bring some snacks for lunch since there is no restaurant along the way.
Place & Transport: Yangshuo to Guilin to Departure City, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Yangshuo to Guilin, Countryside Tour from Yangshuo to Yima With Open-air Mini Bus, Airport Transfer (Guilin)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Rosewood Café
- Rosewood Café: Rosewood Café has been centrally located in West Street since 1999. Rosewood Café offers a selection of European dishes, as well as local dishes. Recommended dishes are Sirloin Steak, Cheese Plate, Tuna Tartar and Salmon Steak with Yangshou’s citrus fruits or a fore grass. The genuine Chinese atmosphere with a special western touch makes the restaurant an ideal place for a couple or for large groups. Live music is available downstairs while it also offers a more private space and balcony overlooking Yangshou County upstairs.
Countryside Tour from Yangshuo to Yima With Open-air Mini Bus: After 20 minutes' drive from Yangshuo County, you will arrive at Yima Pan Village where you can spend about 10 minutes on family visit. Large pieces of paddy fields and the scene of farming will feast your eyes with a pure country life style.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$619||$549||$499||$231 / $158 / $81 /|
|6-9 Persons||$449||$379||$299||$231 / $158 / $81 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$699||$619||$499||$305 / $221 / $81 /|
|6-9 Persons||$519||$439||$299||$305 / $221 / $81 /|
Tour Length: 4 Days
Attractions: Walking along the Banyan Lake and Cedar Lake, Elephant Trunk Hill, Reed Flute Cave, Hiking from Yangdi to Xingping Town
||Guilin Bravo Hotel
||Guilin Osmanthus Hotel
|Yangshuo||Green Lotus Hotel
||Green Lotus Hotel
||Yangshuo Aiyuan Hotel
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Guilin, Yangshuo by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Entrance City To Guilin Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Guilin To Departure City Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.