Hangzhou Essence Tour By High Speed Railway From Shanghai
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
The high speed train will transfer you from Shanghai to Hangzhou, which is famous for its natural beauty and historical site, the old saying goes” There is a paradise in the heaven, and down on earth there are Suzhou and Hangzhou, relax your self on the west lake boat cruise, climbing up the six harmony temple, it will leave you a better insight of this fantastic city.
Duration: 4 Days
Place & Transport: Shanghai to Hangzhou, Train No. G7409 (Shanghai Railway Station - Hangzhou Railway Station) Dep 09:17 - Arr 10:16
Today's Activities: Train station Transfer (Shanghai), Train station Transfer (Hangzhou), Lingyin Temple, Six Harmonies Pagoda, Meijiawu Tea Plantation and Tea Shop and Farmhouse Tea Shop
Meals: Chinese Lunch at Zhi Wei Guan Restaurant
- Lingyin Temple (2 hours): As one of the most important and wealthiest Buddhist temples in China, Lingyin Temple boasts plenty of pagodas and Buddhist grottoes.
During the Eastern Jin Dynasty in 328 AD, Hui Li, a monk from India brought Buddhism to this area and founded this temple. At that time, nine multi-storey buildings, 8 pavilions, 72 halls and more than 1,300 dormitory rooms had made up this temple, and it was the national worship center.
Located in front of the temple proper, Feilai Feng (Flying Peak) is an outstanding Buddhist grotto site, in which are engraved numerous Buddha images. Legend has it the peak was originally from India, and flew to Hangzhou overnight as a demonstration of the omnipotence of Buddhist law.
Other attractions include Hall of the Heavenly Kings, Grand Hall of the Great Sage, Hall of the Medicine Buddha, Sutra Library, and Hall of the Five Hundred Arhats.
- Six Harmonies Pagoda (30 minutes): The Liuhe Pagoda is located on the north bank of the Qiantang River in the south of Hangzhou City. The Liuhe Pagoda is one of the famous ancient pagodas in our country and forms the wonderful sceneries of Hangzhou together with "the ten sceneries of the West Lake". Highly erected by the Qiantang River and to the south of the West Lake, it is a perfect symbol of brick-and-wood structure built in the ancient China. It was first built in 970 AD in the Northern Song Dynasty (960-1127). The name "six harmonies" comes from the six Buddhist ordinances, meaning "harmonies of the heaven, earth, east, west, south and north"
- Zhi Wei Guan Restaurant: On Yan'an road close to West Lake, Zhi Wei Guan Restaurant claims of a history of 100 years in serving local dishes, snacks with a fusion of traditional & modern recipes. Zuiji (chicken preserved in alcohol in a very small jar) is a traditional dish from Hangzhou cuisine and is one of their specialties together with fried cod & West Lake fish which has won international acclaim for Zhi Wei Guan Restaurant. Other specialties are lotus roots with sweet glutinous rice which is a favorite for food lovers hunting for authentic Hangzhou cuisine.
- Meijiawu Tea Plantation and Tea Shop and Farmhouse Tea Shop: Meijiawu Tea Village is located in the western part of West Lake scenic area. It has a history of over 600 years. Situated among lush green hills, it is a rustic, natural scenic spot. Visitors can have a tea culture experience by seeing tea picking and processing. It also showcases tea products of all kinds including Jasmine tea, Dragon Well tea, Green tea, Black tea, and Wulong tea. Visitor can buy tea in the farmhouse tea shop which is operated by local farmers.
Address: No.1 South Meiling Road
Place & Transport: Hangzhou
Today's Activities: The West Lake(including the Island on the lake), Hu Qingyu Hall Chinese Traditional Herbal Medicine Museum
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Zhang Sheng Ji Restaurant
- The West Lake(including the Island on the lake) (1 hour): West Lake has an area of 5.6 square kilometers (2.2 square miles) and is the symbol of Hangzhou which lies on its banks and is a place of tranquility. A visit to Fairy Island is worth it to see on of the Ten Best Views of West Lake - Three Pools Mirroring the Moon. The occasional pagoda and Chinese-style arched bridges add atmosphere to the tree-lined walkways, verdant islands and hills make West Lake a very special part of any China experience.
- Hu Qingyu Hall Chinese Traditional Herbal Medicine Museum (1 hour): Located at the Drum Tower grand street, Hangzhou City. Hu Qingyu Hall Chinese Traditional Herbal Medicine Museum is a professional museum of Chinese Traditional Herbal Medicine and a key cultural relics and historic site under the protection of the government in China as well. The Huqingyu Tang Chinese Medicine Museum is the only Chinese herbal medicine museum in China housed in the ancient buildings of the famous Hangzhou Chinese herbal medicine shop. The exhibition halls introduce the origin, development, and application of traditional Chinese medicine and its role in the world history of medicine.
- Zhang Sheng Ji Restaurant : Zhang Sheng Ji is a popular old Hangzhou restaurant whose philosophy is that food doesn't have to be fancy or use exotic ingredients to be delicious. Duck casserole and West Lake vinegar fish are the first dishes that come to mind for most people when Zhang Sheng Ji is mentioned.
Place & Transport: Hangzhou to Wuzhen
Today's Activities: The Riverine Ancient Town of Wuzhen, Wu Zhen boat cruise, Our guide and driver will escort you from Hangzhou to Wuzhen
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Local Restaurant
- The Riverine Ancient Town of Wuzhen (2 hours): Wuzhen is in the north of Tongxiang city in Zhejiang Province, with Huzhou city to its west and Wujiang county of Jiangsu Province to its north.
- Wu Zhen boat cruise (2 hours): The Wuzhen wooden boat takes 6 people at maximum and cruise is around 20 minutes. Tourists can enjoy the atmosphere of the traditional cultures and the original ancient features of the town that have been preserved intact, the elegant watery views and the strong local colored traditions and customs.
- Local Restaurant: The limited restaurant options mean that there is no choice available however our guide will organize the best available based on the season and the surroundings.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$969||$719||$699||$389 / $155 / $130 /|
|6-9 Persons||$749||$509||$499||$389 / $155 / $130 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$1,049||$749||$699||$466 / $180 / $130 /|
|6-9 Persons||$819||$519||$499||$466 / $180 / $130 /|
Tour Length: 4 Days
Attractions: Lingyin Temple, Six Harmonies Pagoda, The West Lake(including the Island on the lake), Ancient Village Wuzhen, Wu Zhen boat cruise
|Hangzhou||Sofitel Westlake Hangzhou
||Ramada Plaza Hangzhou Haihua
||Lily Hotel Hangzhou
||Tong An Hotel
||Wuzhen Guest House
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Shanghai, Hangzhou, Wuzhen by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Shanghai Railway Station To Hangzhou Railway Station Transfer via: Train, G7409 (Our arrangements)
Hangzhou Railway Station To Transfer via: Train, G7318 (Our arrangements)
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between railway stations and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.