Essence Of Shanghai Including One Day On The Metro Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Shanghai
Shanghai is a city that combines a fast urban lifestyle with traditional Chinese culture. This tour includes one day using the Metro to get a feel for the life of the local people and well as seeing all the fantastic the classical sites in the city.
Duration: 4 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Shanghai, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Shanghai)
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: Nanjing Road, People's Square, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, The Bund, Oriental Pearl TV Tower
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Seagull Palace
- Nanjing Road (40 minutes): Nanjing Road is the most famous and busiest shopping street in Shanghai. From time-honored traditional Chinese brand stores to international designer boutiques, Nanjing Road is a shopping paradise where you can find everything. There are also many hotels, restaurants, theaters and shopping malls. It's a fascinating glimpse of modern, commercial China.
- People's Square (30 minutes): Located at the center of Shanghai, it is the largest public square in Shanghai. It was rebuilt to the Peoples Park after liberation of China, and on the south side of it there are Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, the Government Building and Shanghai Theater. When in festivals or holidays, it is one of the most popular places. The People's Square has become one symbol of modern Shanghai.
- Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall (1 hour): A short walk across Renmin Square from the Shanghai Museum, this is a fascinating insight into Shanghai's future. The 2nd floor has a giant walkaround model of the city, and other floors have great displays, interactive exhibitions and walkthroughs of aspects such as the ports, greening, leisure etc.
- The Bund (40 minutes): This 1.5-kilometer-long embankment runs along the western bank of Huangpu River. On its west side it is the "architecture gallery" with 52 well-preserved old European style buildings. Once the major trading and commercial center of old Shanghai, the Bund has now taken on new vitality, with futuristic developments, chic restaurants, top end shops and bars offer plenty to see and do-and by night it's magic!
- Oriental Pearl TV Tower (1.4 hours): One of the tallest TV towers in the world, known for its distinctive spheres, or "pearls", it stands across the river from the Bund, among the exciting architecture of the east bank. On a rare clear day you can see to the mouth of the Yangtze, but even in normal conditions there are great views of Shanghai's dramatic cityscape. The Shanghai History Museum is Located now just below the Oriental TV Tower at Pudong New Area. It was formally opened to the public on July 1, 2000. There you can see the three major exhibition units reflecting Shanghai's history, modern and recent revolutionary history respectively.
- Seagull Palace: Seagull Palace is located along the Huangpu River. The main building is in the shape of a huge seagull, and is one of the signature buildings in Shanghai. It serves Shanghai-Style food and is decorated in a western style.
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: Yuyuan Garden, Jade Buddha Temple, Former French Concession Precinct, Xintiandi, Jiangnan Silk Shop and Workshop
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Home's Restaurant
- Yuyuan Garden (1 hour): Yuyuan Garden is located in the center of Shanghai old quarters. It was a private garden built in 1559 during the Ming Dynasty, with typical Chinese classic architecture and style. The complex covers an area of 2 hectares, with rockeries, pavilions, ponds and corridors. Yuyuan Garden is surrounding by a busy market place, where visitors can find everything from popular local snacks, handicrafts, antiques and souvenirs to some famous time-honored restaurants.
- Jade Buddha Temple (40 minutes): Built in 1918, Jade Buddha Temple is a very popular Buddhist temple among local people. The main treasures are two statues of Buddha imported from Burma by sea. They were carved from rare single blocks of white jade adorned with precious stones. The temple is a hive of activities with monks, worshippers and visitors.
- Former French Concession Precinct (1 hour): The former French concession covers the area including Huaihai Road, Fuxing Road, Huashan Road, Ruijin Road, Yandang Road, Taikang Road and Sinan Road. A walking tour in the former French concession will take in important historical buildings, such as the former residence of Sun Yat-sen, Zhou Enlai, Fuxing Park, Moller Villa, Lilac Garden, Notre Dame Cathedral and countless French colonial style buildings. Most buildings are over 100 years old. On clear, warm days, the shadows of the Chenar trees adds a romantic feeling. At night, café, bars and restaurants lure their customers with coffee fragrance.
- Xintiandi (30 minutes): Xintiandi is nestled between the towering skyscrapers in city center. It is one of the busiest urban tourist attractions and imbued with the city's historical and cultural legacies. Shanghai Xintiandi's Shikumen building was created by converting traditional residential blocks into a multifunctional dining, retailing and entertainment center flowing with restaurants, boutiques, cafes and bars of international standard.
- Home's Restaurant: Home's Restaurant is located near the Nanjing Road. It specializes in Shanghai cuisine using the best local ingredients. Smoked fish and red jujube with sticky rice are well known in Shanghai. The restaurant enjoys a great reputation with diners from many parts of China and abroad.
- Jiangnan Silk Shop and Workshop: See how silk is produced from the cocoons of silk worms, and turned into the beautiful fabric we all know and love. Silk filled duvets are excellent value, and the showroom offers everything from small souvenirs to larger items. The beauty of real silk is that it's so light, and packs really easily.
Address: 289, Ao'men Road, Putuo District, Shanghai
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$519||$419||$409||$220 / $126 / $116 /|
|6-9 Persons||$409||$319||$309||$220 / $126 / $116 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$619||$499||$429||$324 / $176 / $125 /|
|6-9 Persons||$519||$369||$319||$324 / $176 / $125 /|
Tour Length: 4 Days
Attractions: Nanjing Road, People's Square, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, The Bund, Oriental Pearl TV Tower, Yuyuan Garden, Jade Buddha Temple, French concession region, Xintiandi
|Shanghai||Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World
||The Bund Hotel Shanghai
||Kingtown Hotel Plaza Shanghai
Metro ticket to the attractions as listed in the itinerary.
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Shanghai by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Entrance City To Shanghai Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Shanghai To Departure City Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
The day that travel by Metro is not include private transfer service, if you need to take a Taxi to the metro station, the Taxi fee will be paid by your own.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.