Shanghai And Suzhou Memories Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Suzhou
We had a very good visit to Shanghai and Suzhou, thanks largely to China Highlights. From the airport pick-up to the daily tours and return to the airport, Read more
Gary Dec. 16, 2011
Your guide 'Tracey' in Suzhou is absolutely what one wants in a guide - intelligent and sensitive to the clients needs. Tracey gave me many useful pieces Read more
Stephen Jun. 24, 2010
Combine the excitement of Shanghai's vitality and busyness with the beauty and tranquility of Suzhou's Canals and Gardens to create memories that will last a lifetime.
Duration: 4 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Shanghai, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Shanghai)
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: Yuyuan Garden, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, The Shanghai World Financial Center, The Bund, Yuyuan Market, Jiangnan Silk Shop and Workshop
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Old Shanghai Restaurant
- Yuyuan Garden (1 hour): Yuyuan Garden is located in the center of Shanghai old quarters. It was a private garden built in 1559 during the Ming Dynasty, with typical Chinese classic architecture and style. The complex covers an area of 2 hectares, with rockeries, pavilions, ponds and corridors. Yuyuan Garden is surrounding by a busy market place, where visitors can find everything from popular local snacks, handicrafts, antiques and souvenirs to some famous time-honored restaurants.
- Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall (1 hour): A short walk across Renmin Square from the Shanghai Museum, this offers a fascinating insight into Shanghai's future. The 2nd floor has a giant walkaround model of the city, and other floors have great displays and interactive exhibitions.
- The Shanghai World Financial Center (40 minutes): Shanghai World Financial Center is located in Pudong District, reaching a height of 492 meters (1,615 feet). It is now a new landmark of prosperous Shanghai. It was the second tallest building in the world when it was completed in 2007. Its observation deck, at 474 meters (1,555 feet) above the ground, is currently the tallest in the world. The multi-function skyscraper consists of hotels, apartments, restaurants, shopping malls, offices and observation decks.
- The Bund (40 minutes): This 1.5-kilometer-long embankment runs along the western bank of Huangpu River. On its west side it is the "architecture gallery" with 52 well-preserved old European style buildings. Once the major trading and commercial center of old Shanghai, the Bund has now taken on new vitality, with futuristic developments, chic restaurants, top end shops and bars offer plenty to see and do-and by night it's magic!
- Yuyuan Market (30 minutes): Located next to the Yuyuan Garden and also known today as the City God Temple, it was built in the fifteenth century during the Ming Dynasty. The City God Temple is a Taoist temple which is composed of many halls such as the Grand Hall, Middle Hall, Bedroom Palace, Star Gods Hall and etc. The City God Temple has a great influence on the residents of Shanghai. The religious festivals of the temple are considered to be festivals for all Shanghai people.
- Jiangnan Silk Shop and Workshop: See how silk is produced from the cocoons of silk worms, and turned into the beautiful fabric we all know and love. Silk filled duvets are excellent value, and the showroom offers everything from small souvenirs to larger items. The beauty of real silk is that it's so light, and packs really easily.
Address: 289, Ao'men Road, Putuo District, Shanghai
- Old Shanghai Restaurant: Old Shanghai Restaurant is an old and famous local restaurant which serves typical Shanghai Food as well as different flavors from other parts of China.
Place & Transport: Shanghai to Suzhou to Shanghai, Train No. G7048 (Shanghai Railway Station - Suzhou Railway Station) Dep 09:33 - Arr 10:07, connect Train No. G7145 (Suzhou Railway Station - Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station) Dep 19:36 - Arr 20:08
Today's Activities: Hotel to Train station Transfer (Shanghai), Train station Transfer (Suzhou), Humble Administrators Garden, Lingering Garden, Rickshaw ride, Train station Transfer (Suzhou), Train station Transfer (Shanghai)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Pine and Crane Restaurant
- Humble Administrators Garden (1.5 hours): The garden is the best representative of Chinese classical gardens, constructed in the Ming dynasty, which focuses on a central pond with pavilions, terraces, chambers, and towers located nearby, the garden is divided into three parts: the eastern, middle and western parts. At 5 hectares the largest of these beautiful gardens, it is one of the most famous one. It provides everyone with pleasure. Don't miss the Garden Museum - actually don't miss any of these lovely places. Tourists may wear comfortable shoes, as there's a lot of walking here.
- Lingering Garden (1 hour): Suzhou is famous for its gardens. Lingering Garden is an elaborate succession of small gardens. Lingering in a garden you will marvel at its unique architecture and art. Designed to "linger" through the generations, with a succession of small beautifully landscaped gardens, pools and pavements and a pavilion for each season. It has wonderful covered walkways, carved corridors, elaborately shaped doorways and perfect viewpoints for a variety of perspectives on this special garden.
- Rickshaw ride (1.5 hours): Through the old streets & Hutongs in Suzhou, you will see local people's life.
- Pine and Crane Restaurant: The Pine and Crane Restaurant is located in the bustling hub of Suzhou City. Originally dating back to 1780, the Pine and Crane Restaurant has undergone plenty changes, history-wise and cuisine-wise. It boasts for the richly tastful Su-style cuisine and offers Suzhou tour makers a feast of both taste buds and eyes.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$659||$599||$599||$220 / $126 / $116 /|
|6-9 Persons||$519||$449||$439||$220 / $126 / $116 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$769||$649||$599||$324 / $176 / $125 /|
|6-9 Persons||$619||$509||$459||$324 / $176 / $125 /|
Tour Length: 4 Days
Attractions: Yuyuan Garden, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, The Shanghai World Financial Center, The Bund, Yuyuan Market, Humble Administrators Garden, Lingering Garden, Rickshaw ride
|Shanghai||Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World
||The Bund Hotel Shanghai
||Kingtown Hotel Plaza Shanghai
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Shanghai, Suzhou by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Shanghai To Suzhou Transfer via: Train, G7048 (Our arrangements)
Suzhou To Shanghai Hongqiao Transfer via: Train, G7145 (Our arrangements)
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports/railway stations and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carry on baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.