Shanghai With Suzhou Tongli Picturesque Scenery Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Suzhou
After the excitement of Shanghai, Tongli is an excellent place to experience the quieter side of Chinese life. Tongli picturesque scenery presents beautiful photo opportunities in all directions.
Duration: 5 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Shanghai, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Shanghai)
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: Yuyuan Garden, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, The Shanghai World Financial Center, The Bund, Jiangnan Silk Shop and Workshop
Meals: Breakfast, , Chinese Lunch at Old Shanghai Restaurant
- Yuyuan Garden (1 hour): Yuyuan Garden is located in the center of Shanghai old quarters. It was a private garden built in 1559 during the Ming Dynasty, with typical Chinese classic architecture and style. The complex covers an area of 2 hectares, with rockeries, pavilions, ponds and corridors. Yuyuan Garden is surrounding by a busy market place, where visitors can find everything from popular local snacks, handicrafts, antiques and souvenirs to some famous time-honored restaurants.
- Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall (1 hour): A short walk across Renmin Square from the Shanghai Museum, this is a fascinating insight into Shanghai's future. The 2nd floor has a giant walkaround model of the city, and other floors have great displays, interactive exhibitions and walkthroughs of aspects such as the ports, greening, leisure etc.
- The Shanghai World Financial Center (40 minutes): Shanghai World Financial Center is located in Pudong District, reaching a height of 492 meters (1,615 feet). It is now a new landmark of prosperous Shanghai. It was the second tallest building in the world when it was completed in 2007. Its observation deck, at 474 meters (1,555 feet) above the ground, is currently the tallest in the world. The multi-function skyscraper consists of hotels, apartments, restaurants, shopping malls, offices and observation decks.
- The Bund (40 minutes): This 1.5-kilometer-long embankment runs along the western bank of Huangpu River. On its west side it is the "architecture gallery" with 52 well-preserved old European style buildings. Once the major trading and commercial center of old Shanghai, the Bund has now taken on new vitality, with futuristic developments, chic restaurants, top end shops and bars offer plenty to see and do-and by night it's magic!
- Jiangnan Silk Shop and Workshop: See how silk is produced from the cocoons of silk worms, and turned into the beautiful fabric we all know and love. Silk filled duvets are excellent value, and the showroom offers everything from small souvenirs to larger items. The beauty of real silk is that it's so light, and packs really easily.
Address: 289, Ao'men Road, Putuo District, Shanghai
- Old Shanghai Restaurant: Old Shanghai Restaurant is an old and famous local restaurant which serves typical Shanghai Food as well as different flavors from other parts of China.
Place & Transport: Shanghai to Tongli
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Shanghai to Tongli, Tongli, Tuisi Yuan, Museum of Ancient Chinese Sexual Culture
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Tongli Nanyuan Tea House
- Tongli: Tongli town has a history of more than one thousand years. There are over hundreds of gardens established in Ming dynasty and Qing dynasty, temples, cartilages and former residence of eminent souls. Fifteen rivers divide the town into seven islands and fortynine sets of historic bridges connect the town as a whole.
- Tuisi Yuan (30 minutes): Tuishi Garden located in Tongli Town of Wujiang County, Suzhou City.
- Museum of Ancient Chinese Sexual Culture (1 hour): Located in the ancient town with the Water Village in Jiangsu Province, it is a private museum and also the first sexual culture museum in China. Museum displays sex cultural relics, sculptures, paintings and books of ancient time, among which the oldest exhibit can be dated back to 8,000 years ago. There are over 20 rare exhibits which were made 5,000 years ago.
- Tongli Nanyuan Tea House: The Tea House was build with traditional brick. The wooden facade is decorated in the Qing Dynasty style, and there are two floors with a total area of about 400 square meters. Tea House serves many types of tea including black teas, green teas, scented teas. The tea house also provides smoked green beans, dried carrots and other refreshments. Patrons are entertained by traditional performances..
Place & Transport: Tongli to Suzhou
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Tongli to Suzhou, The Garden of the Master of Nets, Panmen Gate, Rickshaw ride
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Pine and Crane Restaurant
- The Garden of the Master of Nets (1 hour): The Garden of the Master of Nets is the smallest garden in Suzhou covering a space of only 5000 sq meters. The small space is its greatest charm as it encompasses all the elements of a classic Chinese garden within close boundaries.
- Panmen Gate (30 minutes): Pan Gate is an ancient city gate with land and water entrances. Once, a gate with land and water entrances was quite typical in ancient China. Much restored, this is one of the last remaining land and water gates in China, once a vital part of Suzhou's defences. The city wall, towers and gates form a nice scenic area. The view from the top across the town's rooftops and distant pagodas is better because of strict local rules regarding building height and design.
- Rickshaw ride (1.5 hours): Through the old streets & Hutongs in Suzhou, you will see local people's life.
- Pine and Crane Restaurant: The Pine and Crane Restaurant is located in the bustling hub of Suzhou City. Originally dating back to 1780, the Pine and Crane Restaurant has undergone plenty changes, history-wise and cuisine-wise. It boasts for the richly tastful Su-style cuisine and offers Suzhou tour makers a feast of both taste buds and eyes.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$839||$759||$719||$265 / $189 / $149 /|
|6-9 Persons||$619||$539||$499||$265 / $189 / $149 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$909||$799||$719||$334 / $222 / $156 /|
|6-9 Persons||$699||$599||$519||$334 / $222 / $156 /|
Tour Length: 5 Days
Attractions: Yuyuan Garden, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, The Shanghai World Financial Center, The Bund, Tongli Water Town, Tuisi Yuan, Museum of Ancient Chinese Sexual Culture, The Garden of the Master of Nets, Panmen Gate, Rickshaw ride
|Shanghai||Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World
||The Bund Hotel Shanghai
||Kingtown Hotel Plaza Shanghai
|Tongli||Tongli Lakeview Hotel
||Tonglihu Holiday Village
||Tonglihu Holiday Village
|Suzhou||Holiday Inn Jasmine Suzhou
||Holiday Inn Jasmine Suzhou
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Shanghai, Tongli, Suzhou by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Suzhou To Shanghai Transfer via: Train, G7253 (Our arrangements)
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports/railway stations and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.