Beijing Imperial Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Beijing
Beijing is an exciting and dynamic city. It is the perfect place to see China's incredible ancient past as well as the excitement of present day Beijing. This tour will take you visit many amazing sights including the Forbidden City, The Great Wall and the Sacred Way.
Duration: 5 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing)
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, Treasure Houses, Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, Li Heng Tang Pearl Store
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Tiananmen Square (50 minutes): Tian'anmen Square is the largest city square in the centre of Beijing, named after the Tiananmen (literally, Gate of Heavenly Peace) which sits to its north, separating it from the Forbidden City. It has great cultural significance as it was the site of several key events in Chinese history. As the world's largest city square and enduring symbol of China's national pride, it is surrounded by many imposing buildings including the Heavenly Gate (entry to the Forbidden City), Museums, government buildings and Chairman Mao's Mausoleum.
- The Forbidden City (2.5 hours): The Forbidden City was home to 24 emperors between 1368 and 1911.This "city within a city" is a World Heritage Site, and is the largest and the best preserved ancient imperial architecture complex in the world, with great square, halls and gates contrast with intricate halls, gardens, courtyards and quarters. The exhibitions, both permanent and temporary, are all important treasures of ancient China.
- Treasure Houses (30 minutes): Treasure house has undergone 4 time renovations, the present one takes up almost 220 square metres, more than 440 treasures on display belonged to Qing dynasty royalty, half of which have not never been on display in the old one. It's worthy of visiting.
- Hutong Tour in Xicheng District (1 hour): Hutong is a maze of historic alleyways with old single storey traditional courtyard houses, which are now fast disappearing. In this one hour tour, you can hop on a rickshaw to ride through the narrow alleys as well as visit a local family then walk on the Silver Ingot Bridge (Yinding Bridge) and find out about the different thresholds of the courtyards.
- Beijing Ba Guo Bu Yi Restaurant: Ba Guo Bu Yi Restaurant is located near Summer Palace in Haidian District. It serves authentic Sichuan cuisine with its traditional Chinese style decor. Recommended dishes include sweet and sour fish, fried pork with celery and Kungpao Chicken.
- Li Heng Tang Pearl Store: Lihengtang Pearl Store is a state-run enterprise that cultivates processes, manufactures and sells all type of fresh water and sea pearls. China is the largest fresh water pearl producer in the world with the main base being in Jiangsu and Zhejiang provinces. Famous varieties of seawater pearls include: The Tahitian Black Pearl and Nanyang Golden pearl. The Lihengtang Pearl Store offer pearls of all types and quality pearls and caters to all price ranges. China Highlights customers will see the seeds being planted in the live mussel and also how learn how to differentiate real pearls from fake. This is a great opportunity to buy genuine pearls, with that come with a guarantee, for your family and friends but there is absolutely no pressure to buy.
Address: No.2 North Gate Kongjunzhihuixueyuan
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: The Badaling Great Wall, Sacred Way, Changling tomb, Shahe Cloisonne Factory
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Beijing Golden Palace International Restaurant
- The Badaling Great Wall (1.5 hours): This very popular section, the first part of the Great Wall that was opened to the public, has been extensively restored. It climbs across superb mountain scenery 75km NW of Beijing. The battlements and watchtowers are high and steep in places, and provide wonderful views across the hills. Wear good walking shoes, and protection from the weather.
- Sacred Way (50 minutes): An attractive tree-lined walk which leads to the Ming Tombs, this is bordered by 12 sets each of animal and human statues, and includes the attractive Great Red Gate, housing a stele on the back of a tortoise, and marble memorial archway.
- Changling tomb (1 hour): Changling is the tomb of emperor Yongle,the third emperor of the Ming Dynasty whose personal name was Zhu Di, and of his empress. Built in 1413, the mausoleum extends over an area of 100,000 square meters and is the principal and best preserved mausoleum among thirteen mausoleums. There are color paintings on the ceiling and golden brick paved earth, which all added magnificent atmosphere to the palace.
- Beijing Golden Palace International Restaurant: Golden Palace Friendship Store Co., Ltd is a multi-functional shopping mall containing shopping store, Cloisonné factory, and restaurant. It located near the Badaling Great Wall. It is a great place to see cloisonne shopping made by traditional methods and to purchase high quality pieces. Good quality meals are available in clean, pleasant surroundings. The restaurant caters to a wide variety of tastes.
- Shahe Cloisonne Factory : Sha He Cloisonne Factory manufactures and sells high quality Cloisonne ware. High quality Cloisonne also called "Copper - body and wire inlaid Enamel" requires an elaborate and complicated manufacturing process including hammering, filigree welding, enamel filling, surface polishing and gilding. This is a popular place for those looking for special, quality souvenirs. China Highlights customers have the opportunity to see the manufacturing process. This is an exclusive offer for our customers! There is no pressure to buy!
Address: Dingfu Huang Zhuang North District Beijing
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Eastern Qing Mausoleums
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Eastern Qing Mausoleums (1.5 hours): The Eastern Qing Mausoleums,located northeast of Beijing, are among the finest and largest extant Mausoleum complexes in China. Like the Western Qing Mausoleums are the sacred burial grounds of Qing emperors, empresses and imperial concubines. Situated to the west of Malanyu Village in Zunhua City of Tangshan, the entire complex covers an area of 2,500 square kilometers.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$699||$579||$569||$293 / $180 / $176 /|
|6-9 Persons||$559||$449||$439||$293 / $180 / $176 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$799||$649||$619||$377 / $243 / $226 /|
|6-9 Persons||$649||$519||$499||$377 / $243 / $226 /|
Tour Length: 5 Days
Attractions: Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, Treasure Houses, Short Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, The Badaling Great Wall, Sacred Way, Changling tomb, Eastern Qing Mausoleums
|Beijing||Crowne Plaza Beijing
||Sunworld Hotel Beijing
||Days Inn Forbidden City Hotel Beijing
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.