Beijing Cuisine Tour(without Hotel)
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Beijing
Beijing cuisine is famous for its cuisine, which is claimed is unmatched by any other Chinese cuisines. Dishes from the imperial court found their way to public restaurants and are now called Court Cuisine. Beijing Duck, and Mongolian Hot Pot and the Imperial Court dishes are most famous of all Beijing food styles. You will visit stunning sites in Beijing and taste the Beijing cuisine to make this unforgettable and delightful trip.
Duration: 5 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing)
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, National Centre for the Performing Arts, Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, Lizexiang Pearl Store
Meals: Chinese Lunch at Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant (Di'anmen Branch), Chinese Dinner at Hepingmen Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant
- Tiananmen Square (50 minutes): Tian'anmen Square is the largest city square in the centre of Beijing, named after the Tiananmen (literally, Gate of Heavenly Peace) which sits to its north, separating it from the Forbidden City. It has great cultural significance as it was the site of several key events in Chinese history. As the world's largest city square and enduring symbol of China's national pride, it is surrounded by many imposing buildings including the Heavenly Gate (entry to the Forbidden City), Museums, government buildings and Chairman Mao's Mausoleum.
- The Forbidden City (2.5 hours): The Forbidden City was home to 24 emperors between 1368 and 1911.This "city within a city" is a World Heritage Site, and is the largest and the best preserved ancient imperial architecture complex in the world, with great square, halls and gates contrast with intricate halls, gardens, courtyards and quarters. The exhibitions, both permanent and temporary, are all important treasures of ancient China.
- National Centre for the Performing Arts (1 hour): designed by French architect Paul Andreu, is an arts complex which people describe as a futuristic signature building. Located to the west of Tiananmen Square and with gorgeous design, it contains three large halls: a 2,416-seat opera house, a 2,017-seat concert hall and a 1,040-seat theater.
- Hutong Tour in Xicheng District (1 hour): Hutong is a maze of historic alleyways with old single storey traditional courtyard houses, which are now fast disappearing. In this one hour tour, you can hop on a rickshaw to ride through the narrow alleys as well as visit a local family then walk on the Silver Ingot Bridge (Yinding Bridge) and find out about the different thresholds of the courtyards.
- Lizexiang Pearl Store : China's freshwater pearls are celebrated throughout the world. See how they are produced including some of the latest technology, and learn how to spot a fake. The outlet also offers a range of items produced from pearls and pearl oysters which goes far wider than jewellery. China Highlights customers will see the seeds being planted in the live mussel and also how learn how to differentiate real pearls from fake. This is a great opportunity to buy genuine pearls, that come with a guarantee, for your family and friends but there is absolutely no pressure to buy.
Address: No.7.Changqing Yuan, Congwen District,Beijign City.
- Hepingmen Quanjude Roast Duck Restaurant: Beijing Roast Duck is renowned as the most delicious food of Beijing while Quanjude Restaurants enjoy a high reputation for its Beijing roast duck. Quanjude restaurants have developed their own technique and are famous for outstanding quality. Hepingmen Quanjude restaurant was established in 1979 and located beside Hepingmen Gate (Peace Gate).
- Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant (Di'anmen Branch): This restaurant of typical Chinese style, it serves authentic dishes of Old Beijing fare - hand-pulled noodles, cold dishes, snack foods and more. Having the taste of the tasty noodles, usually eaten with a thick sesame and soy-based sauce.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), 798 Art District, Cloisonne Factory
Meals: Chinese Lunch at Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant, Chinese Dinner at Bai Jia Da Yuan Restaurant
- The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car) (2 hours): This less-crowded section of the Great Wall is a about 2.5 hours' drive from downtown Beijing. A cable car takes you to a good section (avoiding a very steep climb), where you can walk along the wall, through the watch towers and enjoy superb views as it snakes across the hills and mountains. You can return by cable car, walk down or walk along the wall for about an hour to descend by chairlift. Wear good walking shoes and protection from the weather.
- 798 Art District (1.5 hours): Since 2002, the large number of artists' studios and contemporary art institutions began stationed here, and rented a scale of idle factories, and gradually developed into a gallery, the Arts Centre, artists'studios, design companies, fashion shops, bars and other catering space. The 798 Art District has promoted to the nation's largest and most influential international arts in recent years.
- Bai Jia Da Yuan Restaurant: The Baijiadayuan Restaurant lies within the famous " Yuejia Garden" in Suzhou Street, Haidian District, Beijing. It is famous for imperial court cuisine and the unique Baifu dishes. The restaurant is in the garden style of the Qing Dynasty. It has successively won the " National Special Grade Restaurant "honor.
- Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant: Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant is near Great Wall of Mutianyu section. This garden style restaurant serves farmhouse dishes, specializing in rainbow trout, sturgeon and salmon. The fabulous taste will leave you with great memories.
- Cloisonne Factory: Cloisonne is an intricate and detailed process, dating back over 700 years, to produce fine enamel on a copper base. You can watch the workers at all stages of the process to see how these beautiful objects are produced. There's a showroom attached for those who would like a souvenir of the visit, big or small, and all objects are guaranteed. This is a popular place for those looking for special, quality souvenirs. China Highlights customers have the opportunity to see the manufacturing process. This is an exclusive offer for our customers! There is no pressure to buy!
Address: No.488, Wujia village, Huanrou town, Beijing City
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Temple of Heaven, Hong Qiao Market(Pearl Market), Cookery Class at Beijing High School
Meals: Chinese Lunch at Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant(Chong Wen Men Branch), Chinese Dinner at Mongolian Hot Pot at Donglaishun Restaurant
- Temple of Heaven (1.5 hours): Built in 1420 during the Ming Dynasty, Temple of Heaven is a complex of Taoist buildings where emperors of Ming and Qing dynasties visited for annual ceremonies of pray for good harvests. Located in the south of Central Beijing, it covers an area of 273 hectares. Temple of Heaven was enrolled as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1998.
- Hong Qiao Market(Pearl Market): This market is located in the south central area of Beijing, just to the east of the Temple of Heaven. It is filled mainly with cheap electronic goods like portable CD players, vcd players, camcorders, batteries, sunglasses, electronics, household phones. The items for sale are less brand conscious and tend to be from real "no-name" Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Thai companies.
Cookery Class at Beijing High School:
The Chinese cooking style is a unique cultural experience to have when you are in China. A 1.5 hours' study will allow you to learn one dish and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
What happens during the class?
1. Visit the school and watch the process of cooking.
2. Meet the teacher and taste the dish he made as a demonstration.
3. Start to cook under the guidance of your teacher.
4. Taste dishes you cook.
- Mongolian Hot Pot at Donglaishun Restaurant: Mongolian Hot Pot at Donglaishun Restaurant is a must. The dishes are Islamic dishes , which are mainly cooked by instant-boiling, frying, quick-frying and roasting.
- Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant(Chong Wen Men Branch): Jing Mian Da Wang specializes in its traditional decoration of old city with archaistic red lanterns & bridal sedan chair, it mainly caters wheaten food to diners from local and different regions, creating a cozy atmosphere of festival and household.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||$599||-||- / --|
|6-9 Persons||-||$439||-||- / --|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||$609||-||- / - - /|
|6-9 Persons||-||$449||-||- / - - /|
Tour Length: 5 Days
Attractions: Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, National Grand Theater, Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, The Mutianyu Great Wall(with round way cable car), 798 Art District, Temple of Heaven, Hong Qiao Market(Pearl Market)
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.