Essence Of Beijing Seat-in-coach Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Beijing
The images that you see in your mind's eye will be become reality as we show you the Essence of Beijing's history and culture in 4 days
This tour starts at Beijing on every other Tuesday from March to November, on the twice a month basis.
Duration: 4 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing)
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Badaling Great Wall & Changling (Ming Tomb) Seat-in-coach Tour
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
--Badaling Great Wall & Changling (Ming Tomb) Seat-in-coach Tour:
Pick you up at your hotel between 7:00am and 8:30am, and then drive to Ming Tombs (50 miles away from downtown, about one hour driving). The thirteen Ming Tombs are the best-preserved Chinese imperial tombs with 500 years history. You will visit Changling, the largest and the best preserved tomb of Ming Tombs. It is where Emperor Yongle (the first emperor in Beijing) and his Empress Xu were buried, built in 1413. The visit of the Ming Tombs takes about 1 hour and finishes at about 10:45.
Before having lunch (11:30 am), you will have 45 minutes for a short visit of Jade Carving Factory. The jade carving is a famous special Chinese product, a blend of the excellent skill on carving and Chinese traditional cultures.
Having Chinese lunch at local restaurant. After lunch, driving to Badaling Great Wall. Badaling Great Wall is the most famous, best-preserved and the first section opened to public. The hike on Badaling Great Wall takes 2 hours. Cable car is available and optional.
Head back to downtown Beijing and drive by the Olympic Green, having a distant view of both the National Stadium - the "bird Nest" and National Aquatics Center - the Water Cube. After that, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the Chinese traditional Silk arts. Back to your hotel around 6:00pm.
Note: We will call or leave you a message the night before your tour to confirm the pick-up time.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Beijing Classic City Seat-in-coach Tour
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
--Beijing Classic City Seat-in-coach Tour :
Pick up at your hotel between 7:00am and 8:30am. The first stop is Tian'anmen Square. Tiananmen Square was named after the Tiananmen (Gate of Heavenly Peace), entry to the Forbidden City. As the world's largest city square, It has great cultural significance as it was the site of several key events in Chinese history.
Then move on to the Forbidden City. The Forbidden City was home to 24 emperors between 1368 and 1911. It is the largest and the best preserved ancient imperial architecture complex in the world. It takes about 2 hours visiting the Forbidden City along the central axis from south to north.
Continue our tour to visit the Temple of Heaven. On the way to Temple of Heaven, you will have a chance to visit the Chinese traditional medicine culture.
The Temple of Heaven was built in 1420 during the Ming Dynasty, which is the largest ancient imperial worship architecture complex in the world where the ancient Emperors of Ming and Qing Dynasties prayed for peace and harvest. The visit to Temple of Heaven takes about 1 hour.
After Chinese lunch (40 minutes) in local restaurant, enjoy a short visit to a pearl free market not missed.
Then we drive 30minutes to Summer Palace, the largest and best preserved imperial garden in China. The visit takes about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Back to your hotels at around 6:00pm.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||-||$259||- / - / $132 /|
|6-9 Persons||-||-||$239||- / - / $132 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||-||$299||- / - / $170 /|
|6-9 Persons||-||-||$279||- / - / $170 /|
Tour Length: 4 Days
Attractions: Badaling Great Wall Tour and Ming Tomb,Forbidden City,the Temple of Heaven Tian'anmen Square and Summer Palace
|Beijing||Days Inn Forbidden City Hotel Beijing
1. China Highlights does not operate Seat-in-Coach Tours. We act as a booking agent for specialized SIC operators.
2. The coach will pick up and return all tour guests to their hotels. This may mean that guests spend a substantial time on the coach while traveling between hotels. This time onboard the coach is always included as part of the duration of the tour.
3. A large tour group obviously reduces the ability of the guide to answer particular questions from guests and satisfy special requests from guests.
4. Guests may be required to move through the attractions at a pace faster that they wish, to meet the demands of the whole tour party and the time restrictions.
5. If you need to catch the overnight train, you will need to check out the hotel before you start the tour and you could save your luggage in the lobby.
6. China Highlights specializes in Private Tours but we also realize that some people prefer a slightly less expensive option. Is order to achieve these savings we sometimes use Group Tours run by other operators to reduce the cost to our customers. These tour operators will usually have two shopping opportunities each day and will also offer optional tours during the tour or at night. These shopping stops and tours provide income for the operator, the guide and driver. China Highlights has no control over this activity. We want you to be aware of this in advance.
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing by shared coach with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above). Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.