Hangzhou Wuzhen Ancient Town Tour From Beijing
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Beijing
Visit the heaven on Earth that is Hangzhou. In your China tour, you will visit the most charming of Hangzhou tourist attractions including West Lake, the Lingyin Temple and the ancient town of Wuzhen.
Duration: 3 Days
Place & Transport: Beijing to Hangzhou, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing), Airport Transfer (Hangzhou), The West Lake(including the Island on the lake), Lingyin Temple, Meijiawu Tea Plantation and Tea Shop and Farmhouse Tea Shop
Meals: Chinese Lunch at Louwailou Resturant
- The West Lake(including the Island on the lake) (1 hour): West Lake has an area of 5.6 square kilometers (2.2 square miles) and is the symbol of Hangzhou which lies on its banks and is a place of tranquility. A visit to Fairy Island is worth it to see on of the Ten Best Views of West Lake - Three Pools Mirroring the Moon. The occasional pagoda and Chinese-style arched bridges add atmosphere to the tree-lined walkways, verdant islands and hills make West Lake a very special part of any China experience.
- Lingyin Temple (2 hours): As one of the most important and wealthiest Buddhist temples in China, Lingyin Temple boasts plenty of pagodas and Buddhist grottoes.
During the Eastern Jin Dynasty in 328 AD, Hui Li, a monk from India brought Buddhism to this area and founded this temple. At that time, nine multi-storey buildings, 8 pavilions, 72 halls and more than 1,300 dormitory rooms had made up this temple, and it was the national worship center.
Located in front of the temple proper, Feilai Feng (Flying Peak) is an outstanding Buddhist grotto site, in which are engraved numerous Buddha images. Legend has it the peak was originally from India, and flew to Hangzhou overnight as a demonstration of the omnipotence of Buddhist law.
Other attractions include Hall of the Heavenly Kings, Grand Hall of the Great Sage, Hall of the Medicine Buddha, Sutra Library, and Hall of the Five Hundred Arhats.
- Louwailou Resturant: Louwailou is a famous restaurant located nearby West Lake and has a long history of more than 150 years. The restaurant specializes in Hangzhou cuisine and it is well known for West lake vinegar fish and Braised Dongpo Pork.
- Meijiawu Tea Plantation and Tea Shop and Farmhouse Tea Shop: Meijiawu Tea Village is located in the western part of West Lake scenic area. It has a history of over 600 years. Situated among lush green hills, it is a rustic, natural scenic spot. Visitors can have a tea culture experience by seeing tea picking and processing. It also showcases tea products of all kinds including Jasmine tea, Dragon Well tea, Green tea, Black tea, and Wulong tea. Visitor can buy tea in the farmhouse tea shop which is operated by local farmers.
Address: No.1 South Meiling Road
Place & Transport: Hangzhou
Today's Activities: Ancient Village Wuzhen, The Riverine Ancient Town of Wuzhen, Wu Zhen boat cruise
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Ancient Village Wuzhen (1 hour): Wuzhen lies in the far north-east of Zhejiang province, about 90 minutes by road from Shanghai. The name "water town" is especially apt; besides lying on the Grand Canal, the settlement is completely encircled by two rivers - the Dong Shi and a smaller tributary, which meet at a T-junction.
- The Riverine Ancient Town of Wuzhen (2 hours): Wuzhen is in the north of Tongxiang city in Zhejiang Province, with Huzhou city to its west and Wujiang county of Jiangsu Province to its north.
- Wu Zhen boat cruise (2 hours): The Wuzhen wooden boat takes 6 people at maximum and cruise is around 20 minutes. tourists can enjoy the atmosphere of the traditional cultures and the original ancient features of the town that have been preserved intact, the elegant watery views and the strong local colored traditions and customs.
Place & Transport: Hangzhou to Beijing, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Six Harmonies Pagoda, Hu Qingyu Hall Chinese Traditional Herbal Medicine Museum, Qinghefang Pedestrian Street, Hotel to airport Transfer (Hangzhou), Airport Transfer (Beijing)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Huang Fan Er Restrant
- Six Harmonies Pagoda (30 minutes): The Liuhe Pagoda is located on the north bank of the Qiantang River in the south of Hangzhou City. The Liuhe Pagoda is one of the famous ancient pagodas in our country and forms the wonderful sceneries of Hangzhou together with "the ten sceneries of the West Lake". Highly erected by the Qiantang River and to the south of the West Lake, it is a perfect symbol of brick-and-wood structure built in the ancient China. It was first built in 970 AD in the Northern Song Dynasty (960-1127). The name "six harmonies" comes from the six Buddhist ordinances, meaning "harmonies of the heaven, earth, east, west, south and north"
- Hu Qingyu Hall Chinese Traditional Herbal Medicine Museum (1 hour): Located at the Drum Tower grand street, Hangzhou City. Hu Qingyu Hall Chinese Traditional Herbal Medicine Museum is a professional museum of Chinese Traditional Herbal Medicine and a key cultural relics and historic site under the protection of the government in China as well. The Huqingyu Tang Chinese Medicine Museum is the only Chinese herbal medicine museum in China housed in the ancient buildings of the famous Hangzhou Chinese herbal medicine shop. The exhibition halls introduce the origin, development, and application of traditional Chinese medicine and its role in the world history of medicine.
- Qinghefang Pedestrian Street (1.5 hours): Qinghefang Pedestrian Street illustrates the long history of Hangzhou in a nutshell. The 460m long, slab-stone street is filled with well preserved ancient two story buildings with traditional red lantern decoration the fronts. Traditional businesses like Chinese Medicine Pharmacies and tea houses operate in the same way as they have done for centuries and museums of many kinds – coin, china and antiques illustrate life in times past. It's a wonderful place for a stroll.
- Huang Fan Er Restrant: This restaurant features traditional culture and has it own unique and elegant style of decoration. It has a reputation for having and excellent kitchen serving the needs of both Hangzhou residents and travelers, having won many awards and being selected as one of the best restaurants in Hangzhou 2004.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$1,199||$1,099||$1,069||$179 / $103 / $72 /|
|6-9 Persons||$939||$859||$829||$179 / $103 / $72 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$1,219||$1,119||$1,069||$218 / $115 / $72 /|
|6-9 Persons||$979||$879||$829||$218 / $115 / $72 /|
Tour Length: 3 Days
Attractions: The West Lake(including the Island on the lake), Lingyin Temple, Ancient Village Wuzhen, The Riverine Ancient Town of Wuzhen, Wu Zhen boat cruise, Six Harmonies Pagoda, Hu Qingyu Hall Chinese Traditional Herbal Medicine Museum, Qinghefang Pedestrian Street
|Hangzhou||Sofitel Westlake Hangzhou
||Ramada Plaza Hangzhou Haihua
|Wuzhen||Tong An Hotel
||Wuzhen Guest House
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing, Hangzhou by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Beijing To Hangzhou Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Hangzhou To Beijing Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.