Inner Mongolia Tour To Gegentala Grassland From Beijing
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Beijing
The vast Gegentala Grassland, the exotic herder lifestyle, the well preserved lamasery and temples; this 4 day Beijing to Inner Mongolia tour will offer you a lifetime memory.
Duration: 4 Days
Place & Transport: Beijing to Overnight train, Train No. K89 (Beijing West Railway Station Railway Station) Dep 21:00 - Arr 07:20
Today's Activities: Train station Transfer (Beijing)
Place & Transport: Overnight train to Hohhot
Today's Activities: Train station Transfer (Hohhot), Gegentala Grassland, Plain pasturing area, One Hour Horse Riding on the Plain
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xibei Youmian Cun Restaurant, Chinese Dinner
- Gegentala Grassland (4 hours): Gegenda Prairie is 145 km from Hohhot. With luxuriant grasses, undulating hills, abundant lakes, grazing horses and sheep, the seemingly endless grassland resembles a beautiful painting and has the feel of an otherworldly place. Visitors can enjoy the beauty of the grassland on horseback, experience camel riding, listen to shepherds sing, learn about customs and manners of the Mongolian people, enjoy performances and sample ethnic foods.
- One Hour Horse Riding on the Plain: The horse is lead for safety reasons on this 35-minute ride. You will have chance to taste hand-made cheese, milk tea and other local specialities when you visit a local herdsmen’s family. Sunglasses, hat are recommended when you take this nomad-life experience.
- Xibei Youmian Cun Restaurant: Xibei Youmian Cun Restaurant specializs in providing the healthy food highlighted in the northwest characteristic dining culture.
Place & Transport: Hohhot to Overnight train, Train No. K90 (Beijing West Railway Station Railway Station) Dep 21:10 - Arr 07:20
Today's Activities: Five Pagoda Temple, Dazhao Lamasery, The Inner Mongolia Museum, Huhhot Mengliang Minmao CO.LTD , Hotel to Train station Transfer (Hohhot)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Grassland Xingfa restaurants , Chinese Dinner
- Five Pagoda Temple (1.5 hours): Five-Pagoda was originally part of the Cideng Temple built in 1732. Over the years, the Temple had turned to ruins but the Pagoda remained. Built of stone and bricks, the structure is 13 meters high and has three parts: the base, the seat and the top. There are five small dagobas (Tibetan style pagodas) on the pedestal of the Pagoda. In the lower part of the seat there are exquisite inscriptions of Diamond Sutra written in Mongolian, Tibetan and Sanskrit. The upper part of the seat has a niche for a statue of Buddha and four Devarajas. More than 1500 relief sculptures of Buddhas are engraved on the five dagobas. The astronomical chart with Mongolian inscriptions on the northern wall is the only one of its kind in the world.
- Dazhao Lamasery (1.5 hours): Situated in Dazhao-qian Street, Yuquan District, Hohhot, the Dazhao Lamasery was built by Alatan Khan--chief of Tumd Mongolian Tribe in the 7th year of Wanli Age of the Ming Dynasty. It is the oldest and best known of all lamaseries of Geluk Tibetan Buddhism as well as the biggest and most complete wooden structure ever built in Hohhot which is still retaining its former grandeur today. The Lamasery boasts a large collection of religious and cultural relics, among which the silver statue of Buddha, dragon sculpture and frescos are the most cherished treasures.
- The Inner Mongolia Museum: The Inner Mongolia Museum is a regional-level museum focused on collecting artifacts relating to ethnic history especially the northern tribes called Xiongnu, Xianbei, Qidan, Mongolians and others. It holds 44,000 objects among which quite a few are rare treasures seldom seen in China. Besides this, the museum is renowned for its extensive collection of massive dinosaurs, mastodons, and many other kinds of fossilized remains from the Mesozoic period that have attracted global attention.
- Huhhot Mengliang Minmao CO.LTD : Hohhot, Inner Mongolia Meng Liang Trade Co., Ltd. was established in the public in 1989, mainly based on the production of national handicrafts enterprises. At present, more than 1000 kinds of products have been found all over the country, are exported abroad, at home and abroad by tourists and collectors love. With the deepening development of cultural exchanges with foreign countries, the capital of Hohhot, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region has become national handicraft production line together with beautiful scenery.
Address: yongsheng road huhhot
- Grassland Xingfa restaurants : The Grassland Xingfa Restaurants serves Mongolian cuisine and elegant decore.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||-||$499||- / - / $46 /|
|6-9 Persons||-||-||$399||- / - / $46 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||-||$499||- / - / $46 /|
|6-9 Persons||-||-||$399||- / - / $46 /|
Tour Length: 4 Days
Attractions: Dazhao Lamasery, The Inner Mongolia Museum, Five Pagoda Temple, Gegentala Grassland., Plain pasturing area
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing, Hohhot by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Beijing West To Transfer via: Train, K89 (Our arrangements)
To Beijing West Transfer via: Train, K90 (Our arrangements)
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between railway stations and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.