Airport Transfer (Beijing)
- The Forbidden City (2.5 hours): The Forbidden City was home to 24 emperors between 1368 and 1911.This "city within a city" is a World Heritage Site, and is the largest and the best preserved ancient imperial architecture complex in the world, with great square, halls and gates contrast with intricate halls, gardens, courtyards and quarters. The exhibitions, both permanent and temporary, are all important treasures of ancient China.
- Tiananmen Square (50 minutes): Tian'anmen Square is the largest city square in the centre of Beijing, named after the Tiananmen (literally, Gate of Heavenly Peace) which sits to its north, separating it from the Forbidden City. It has great cultural significance as it was the site of several key events in Chinese history. As the world's largest city square and enduring symbol of China's national pride, it is surrounded by many imposing buildings including the Heavenly Gate (entry to the Forbidden City), Museums, government buildings and Chairman Mao's Mausoleum.
- Shichahai Hutong (1 hour): Sitting on the edge of Qianhai, Xihai and Houhai lakes, Shichahai Hutong is one of the oldest and most popular Hutongs in Beijing. It covers an area of 147 hectares and has a history dating back to the Jin Dynasty as indicated by the engraving on the walls of Hutong and the Siheyuan courtyard houses.
- Drum Tower (50 minutes): The Drum Tower used to be a time keeping center for the whole city and was equipped with bronze clepsydras and drums that were beaten to mark the hours. It was built in the Han Dynasty (206 BC-220) and provides an overview of central Beijing before the modern era. The Drum Tower is a two-storey building; the second floor contains the exhibition area. It originally contained one big drum and 24 smaller drums, but only the big drum remains. The drum was beaten quickly for 18 times and then slowly for 18 times to mark the hour. You have the opportunity to climb to the top of Drum tower for an excellent view of drumming performance which lasts for 20 minutes.
- The Mutianyu Great Wall (2 hours): This less-crowded section of the Great Wall is about 1.5-2 hours' drive from Beijing city center. A cable car takes you to a good section (avoiding a very steep climb), where you can walk along the wall, through the watch towers and enjoy superb views as it snakes across the hills and mountains. You can return by cable car, walk down or walk along the wall for about an hour to descend by chairlift. Wear comfortable walking shoes, and in summer prepare sun protection.
- Mutianyu Cable Car(round trip) (10 minutes): It is a challenging climb up to the Mutianyu Great Wall for it is much steeper than Badaling section. Here you have the option of taking the Cable car to the highest point or down to the foot in a few minutes instead of climbing more than 1,400 steps, while you can also have a bird view of the wall.
- Dingling Tomb (1 hour): The Underground Palace of Dingling was unearthed during the period 1956 to 1958. The whole palace was made of stone. It consists of five high palaces - the front, the middle, the back, the left and the right palaces. It is the tomb for the mausoleum of Emperor Zhu Yijun, the thirteenth emperor, and his two empresses.there are about 100 steps you need to go downstairs.
- Summer Palace (1.5 hours): Much-loved summer retreat of the Imperial families, the lovely landscaped gardens, halls, pavilions and corridors are set around the lake and rivers in natural harmony. It is the largest and best preserved imperial garden in China, and also a World Heritage Site.
- Sony Explora Science (1 hour): Sony Explora Science Museum, completed in 2000, is a much-loved Beijing tour attraction. The museum is located inside Chaoyang Park and has a family-friendly atmosphere but is educational and kids can get a practical demonstrations of how science influences our lives. There are two sections: Sound and Light, plus a 3D movie theatre. A multitude of exciting displays include robot dogs, musical sculptures, and sound and light distortion machines.
Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing)