Art & Culture Beijing Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Beijing
Add Beijing's trendy new art culture to Beijing tour. You will visit the Forbidden City, Confucian Temple, Great Wall and Summer Palace, as well as the Olympic Green and its new 798 Art District. Try out making dumplings during a Hutong family visit.
Duration: 6 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing)
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Treasure Houses, Beihai Park, Lizexiang Pearl Store
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Courtyard 7 Restaurant
- The Forbidden City (2.5 hours): The Forbidden City was home to 24 emperors between 1368 and 1911.This "city within a city" is a World Heritage Site, and is the largest and the best preserved ancient imperial architecture complex in the world, with great square, halls and gates contrast with intricate halls, gardens, courtyards and quarters. The exhibitions, both permanent and temporary, are all important treasures of ancient China.
- Tiananmen Square (50 minutes): Tian'anmen Square is the largest city square in the centre of Beijing, named after the Tiananmen (literally, Gate of Heavenly Peace) which sits to its north, separating it from the Forbidden City. It has great cultural significance as it was the site of several key events in Chinese history. As the world's largest city square and enduring symbol of China's national pride, it is surrounded by many imposing buildings including the Heavenly Gate (entry to the Forbidden City), Museums, government buildings and Chairman Mao's Mausoleum.
- Treasure Houses (30 minutes): Treasure house has undergone 4 time renovations, the present one takes up almost 220 square metres, more than 440 treasures on display belonged to Qing dynasty royalty, half of which have not never been on display in the old one. It's worthy of visiting.
- Beihai Park (1 hour): The park locates at the center of Beijing, behind the Forbidden City. It is now one of the best preserved royal gardens with nearly one thousand years' history. The White Pagoda (Baita), the lamaist pagoda, is the peak of the park. Standing at the pagoda, you can have a magnificent bird’s view of the whole Forbidden City, especially on fine whether.
- Lizexiang Pearl Store : China's freshwater pearls are celebrated throughout the world. See how they are produced including some of the latest technology, and learn how to spot a fake. The outlet also offers a range of items produced from pearls and pearl oysters which goes far wider than jewellery. China Highlights customers will see the seeds being planted in the live mussel and also how learn how to differentiate real pearls from fake. This is a great opportunity to buy genuine pearls, that come with a guarantee, for your family and friends but there is absolutely no pressure to buy.
Address: No.7.Changqing Yuan, Congwen District,Beijign City.
- Courtyard 7 Restaurant: Courtyard 7 is located in central area of Nan Luo Guo. Its well designed Chinese style modeling, the layout makes it antiquity and rusticity. Its special featured restaurant provides new modern French dishes. Seating in Courtyard 7, you may see the fusion of eastern and western culture, and smell apart of old and new fashion air. Here, you can not only taste delicious gourmet food, but also can enjoy a piece of pure land and haven in such a busy city. Courtyard 7 welcomes you stay and enjoy.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: The Badaling Great Wall, Badaling Great Wall (round way cable car), Changling tomb, Exterior visit of Beijing Olympic Stadiums(Bird's Nest and Water Cube), Cloisonne Factory
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant
- The Badaling Great Wall (1.5 hours): This very popular section, the first part of the Great Wall that was opened to the public, has been extensively restored. It climbs across superb mountain scenery 75km NW of Beijing. The battlements and watchtowers are high and steep in places, and provide wonderful views across the hills. Wear good walking shoes, and protection from the weather.
- Badaling Great Wall (round way cable car) (20 minutes): The Badaling Great Wall was built in the County of Yanqing, Beijing. This section of Great Wall is the best preserved and earliest to be open for sightseeing. The Great Wall is undoubtedly among the most imposing and amazing architectures in this planet.
- Changling tomb (1 hour): Changling is the tomb of emperor Yongle,the third emperor of the Ming Dynasty whose personal name was Zhu Di, and of his empress. Built in 1413, the mausoleum extends over an area of 100,000 square meters and is the principal and best preserved mausoleum among thirteen mausoleums. There are color paintings on the ceiling and golden brick paved earth, which all added magnificent atmosphere to the palace.
- Exterior visit of Beijing Olympic Stadiums(Bird's Nest and Water Cube) (1 hour): Located at the north end of the central axis of Beijing City, with a large area of 1215 hectares, it contains National museum, exhibition area, Olympic Village and Olympic competition avenues. Approximately 31 venues are used in Beijing Olympics, including National Stadium, the Bird's Nest and National Aquatics Center. You will explore the park, but it doesn't include going inside the Bird's Nest and Water Cube.
- Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant: Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant is near Great Wall of Mutianyu section. This garden style restaurant serves farmhouse dishes, specializing in rainbow trout, sturgeon and salmon. The fabulous taste will leave you with great memories.
- Cloisonne Factory: Cloisonne is an intricate and detailed process, dating back over 700 years, to produce fine enamel on a copper base. You can watch the workers at all stages of the process to see how these beautiful objects are produced. There's a showroom attached for those who would like a souvenir of the visit, big or small, and all objects are guaranteed. This is a popular place for those looking for special, quality souvenirs. China Highlights customers have the opportunity to see the manufacturing process. This is an exclusive offer for our customers! There is no pressure to buy!
Address: No.488, Wujia village, Huanrou town, Beijing City
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, Boat Ride in Summer Palace, Summer Palace, Hutong tour, Local Family Visit and Dumpling Making
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xiao Long Pu Resort
- Hutong Tour in Xicheng District (1 hour): Hutong is a maze of historic alleyways with old single storey traditional courtyard houses, which are now fast disappearing. In this one hour tour, you can hop on a rickshaw to ride through the narrow alleys as well as visit a local family then walk on the Silver Ingot Bridge (Yinding Bridge) and find out about the different thresholds of the courtyards.
- Boat Ride in Summer Palace (20 minutes): It is the largest and best-preserved royal garden in China with a long history. You can enjoy the beautiful scenery of the lake by the ferry boat instead of walk.It takes 10 minutes.
- Summer Palace (1.5 hours): Much-loved summer retreat of the Imperial families, the lovely landscaped gardens, halls, pavilions and corridors are set around the lake and rivers in natural harmony. It is the largest and best preserved imperial garden in China, and also a World Heritage Site.
Hutong tour, Local Family Visit and Dumpling Making: Visit the old alleyways (Hutong) of the Xicheng District and walk along the bank of the beautiful Houhai lake area. Visit a local family in one of the traditional courtyard houses. Chat with the families about their life, learn to make Chinese dumplings (jiaozi), and share the meal (dumplings and other dishes) with them.
- Xiao Long Pu Resort: Xiao Long Pu Restaurant is located near the Mutianyu Great Wall. It is built in a traditional Chinese Quadrangles of blue bricks and grey tiles. It serves a great variety of Chinese delicacies. The seating arrangement provides wonderful views of mountains.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Temple of Heaven, 798 Art District, Baigongfang Pearl Market
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant (Di'anmen Branch)
- Temple of Heaven (1.5 hours): Built in 1420 during the Ming Dynasty, Temple of Heaven is a complex of Taoist buildings where emperors of Ming and Qing dynasties visited for annual ceremonies of pray for good harvests. Located in the south of Central Beijing, it covers an area of 273 hectares. Temple of Heaven was enrolled as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1998.
- 798 Art District (1.5 hours): Since 2002, the large number of artists' studios and contemporary art institutions began stationed here, and rented a scale of idle factories, and gradually developed into a gallery, the Arts Centre, artists'studios, design companies, fashion shops, bars and other catering space. The 798 Art District has promoted to the nation's largest and most influential international arts in recent years.
- Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant (Di'anmen Branch): This restaurant of typical Chinese style, it serves authentic dishes of Old Beijing fare - hand-pulled noodles, cold dishes, snack foods and more. Having the taste of the tasty noodles, usually eaten with a thick sesame and soy-based sauce.
- Baigongfang Pearl Market : Baigongfang Pearl Market specializes in both freshwater and seawater pearls and has a reputation for selection and high quality. All kinds of pearl jewelry in different colors, shapes and sizes as well as famous Chinese traditional cosmetics pearl cream and pearl power are available. This is a popular place for looking for special, quality souvenirs. There is no pressure to buy!
Tel: Tel: 86-10-67195722 86-10-67133443
Address: No.2 Zuoan Gate Inner Street, ChongWen District, Beijing 100061 China
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$769||$619||$609||$367 / $225 / $220 /|
|6-9 Persons||$619||$499||$469||$367 / $225 / $220 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$899||$709||$699||$471 / $304 / $283 /|
|6-9 Persons||$749||$579||$549||$471 / $304 / $283 /|
Tour Length: 6 Days
Attractions: The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Treasure Houses, Beihai Park, The Badaling Great Wall, Badaling Great Wall (round way cable car), Changling tomb, Exterior visit of Beijing Olympic Stadiums(Bird's Nest and Water Cube), Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, Boat Ride in Summer Palace, Summer Palace, Temple of Heaven, 798 Art District
|Beijing||Crowne Plaza Hotel Beijing Chaoyang U-Town
||Sunworld Hotel Beijing
||Days Inn Forbidden City Hotel Beijing
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carry on baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.