Beijing Tour At A Glance
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Beijing
Catch the essence of Beijing in just 3 days at the Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Ming Tombs and Badaling Great Wall.
Duration: 4 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing)
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, Shichahai Hutong, Jiayixiong Jewelry Co. Ltd
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant (Di'anmen Branch)
- Tiananmen Square (50 minutes): Tian'anmen Square is the largest city square in the centre of Beijing, named after the Tiananmen (literally, Gate of Heavenly Peace) which sits to its north, separating it from the Forbidden City. It has great cultural significance as it was the site of several key events in Chinese history. As the world's largest city square and enduring symbol of China's national pride, it is surrounded by many imposing buildings including the Heavenly Gate (entry to the Forbidden City), Museums, government buildings and Chairman Mao's Mausoleum.
- The Forbidden City (2.5 hours): The Forbidden City was home to 24 emperors between 1368 and 1911.This "city within a city" is a World Heritage Site, and is the largest and the best preserved ancient imperial architecture complex in the world, with great square, halls and gates contrast with intricate halls, gardens, courtyards and quarters. The exhibitions, both permanent and temporary, are all important treasures of ancient China.
- Shichahai Hutong (1 hour): Sitting on the edge of Qianhai, Xihai and Houhai lakes, Shichahai Hutong is one of the oldest and most popular Hutongs in Beijing. It covers an area of 147 hectares and has a history dating back to the Jin Dynasty as indicated by the engraving on the walls of Hutong and the Siheyuan courtyard houses.
- Jiayixiong Jewelry Co. Ltd: China's freshwater pearls are celebrated throughout the world. See how they are produced using some of the latest technology, and learn how to spot a fake. The outlet also offers a range of items produced from pearls and pearl oysters which goes far wider than jewelry. This is a popular place for those looking for special, quality souvenirs. There is no pressure to buy!
Address: Haidian District; Beijing
- Jing Mian Da Wang Restaurant (Di'anmen Branch): This restaurant of typical Chinese style, it serves authentic dishes of Old Beijing fare - hand-pulled noodles, cold dishes, snack foods and more. Having the taste of the tasty noodles, usually eaten with a thick sesame and soy-based sauce.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: The Mutianyu Great Wall, Mutianyu Cable Car(One way), Exterior visit of Beijing Olympic Stadiums(Bird's Nest and Water Cube)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xiao Long Pu Resort
- The Mutianyu Great Wall (2 hours): This less-crowded section of the Great Wall is about 1.5-2 hours' drive from Beijing city center. A cable car takes you to a good section (avoiding a very steep climb), where you can walk along the wall, through the watch towers and enjoy superb views as it snakes across the hills and mountains. You can return by cable car, walk down or walk along the wall for about an hour to descend by chairlift. Wear comfortable walking shoes, and in summer prepare sun protection.
- Mutianyu Cable Car(One way) (10 minutes): This less-crowded section of the Great Wall is a about 2.5 hours' drive from downtown Beijing. A cable car takes you to a good section (avoiding a very steep climb), where you can walk along the wall, through the watch towers and enjoy superb views as it snakes across the hills and mountains. You can return by cable car, walk down or walk along the wall for about an hour to descend by chairlift. Wear good walking shoes and protection from the weather.
- Exterior visit of Beijing Olympic Stadiums(Bird's Nest and Water Cube) (1 hour): Located at the north end of the central axis of Beijing City, with a large area of 1215 hectares, it contains National museum, exhibition area, Olympic Village and Olympic competition avenues. Approximately 31 venues are used in Beijing Olympics, including National Stadium, the Bird's Nest and National Aquatics Center. You will explore the park, but it doesn't include going inside the Bird's Nest and Water Cube.
- Xiao Long Pu Resort: Xiao Long Pu Restaurant is located near the Mutianyu Great Wall. It is built in a traditional Chinese Quadrangles of blue bricks and grey tiles. It serves a great variety of Chinese delicacies. The seating arrangement provides wonderful views of mountains.
Place & Transport: Depart Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Summer Palace, Temple of Heaven, Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Lanfang Restaurant
- Summer Palace (1.5 hours): Much-loved summer retreat of the Imperial families, the lovely landscaped gardens, halls, pavilions and corridors are set around the lake and rivers in natural harmony. It is the largest and best preserved imperial garden in China, and also a World Heritage Site.
- Temple of Heaven (1.5 hours): Built in 1420 during the Ming Dynasty, Temple of Heaven is a complex of Taoist buildings where emperors of Ming and Qing dynasties visited for annual ceremonies of pray for good harvests. Located in the south of Central Beijing, it covers an area of 273 hectares. Temple of Heaven was enrolled as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1998.
- Lanfang Restaurant: Lanfang Restaurant is located on the first floor of Qianmen Jianguo Hotel. It serves three kinds of dishes featuring three different local flavors: Sichuan Dishes characterized their hot and spicy taste, Huaiyang Dishes emphasizing raw and fresh materials and Shandong Dishes with tasty and refreshing taste. The Lanfang Restaurant was awarded a Gold award for its "Dry Saute Shredded Beef", "Mapo Beancurd" and "Chinese Cabbage in Boiling Water".
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$459||$369||$399||$220 / $135 / $132 /|
|6-9 Persons||$369||$299||$299||$220 / $135 / $132 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$519||$419||$419||$283 / $182 / $170 /|
|6-9 Persons||$439||$339||$339||$283 / $182 / $170 /|
Tour Length: 4 Days
Attractions: Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City, Shichahai Hutong, The Mutianyu Great Wall, Mutianyu Cable Car(One way), Exterior visit of Beijing Olympic Stadiums(Bird's Nest and Water Cube)
|Beijing||Crowne Plaza Beijing
||Sunworld Hotel Beijing
||Days Inn Forbidden City Hotel Beijing
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carry on baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.