Beijing Student Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Beijing
Beijing's must-see attractions are the basis for this tour which also includes a city biking tour, Chinese language learning, as well as a visit to Beijing's Shaolin Martial Art School
Duration: 4 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Beijing)
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, The Forbidden City, Basic Chinese Learning – Greetings and conversations starters, Tiananmen Square
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Courtyard 7 Restaurant
- Hutong Tour in Xicheng District (1 hour): Hutong is a maze of historic alleyways with old single storey traditional courtyard houses, which are now fast disappearing. In this one hour tour, you can hop on a rickshaw to ride through the narrow alleys as well as visit a local family then walk on the Silver Ingot Bridge (Yinding Bridge) and find out about the different thresholds of the courtyards.
- The Forbidden City (2.5 hours): The Forbidden City was home to 24 emperors between 1368 and 1911.This "city within a city" is a World Heritage Site, and is the largest and the best preserved ancient imperial architecture complex in the world, with great square, halls and gates contrast with intricate halls, gardens, courtyards and quarters. The exhibitions, both permanent and temporary, are all important treasures of ancient China.
- Basic Chinese Learning – Greetings and conversations starters (1 hour): You will learn some practical words for greeting, such as good morning, how is going and nice to meet you. It is very useful for you to start a conversation and express your friendship when traveling in China. The guide will teach you on the spare time, like lunch time or road transfer. You can practice the Chinese with your fellows after the tour.
- Tiananmen Square (50 minutes): Tian'anmen Square is the largest city square in the centre of Beijing, named after the Tiananmen (literally, Gate of Heavenly Peace) which sits to its north, separating it from the Forbidden City. It has great cultural significance as it was the site of several key events in Chinese history. As the world's largest city square and enduring symbol of China's national pride, it is surrounded by many imposing buildings including the Heavenly Gate (entry to the Forbidden City), Museums, government buildings and Chairman Mao's Mausoleum.
- Courtyard 7 Restaurant: Courtyard 7 is located in central area of Nan Luo Guo. Its well designed Chinese style modeling, the layout makes it antiquity and rusticity. Its special featured restaurant provides new modern French dishes. Seating in Courtyard 7, you may see the fusion of eastern and western culture, and smell apart of old and new fashion air. Here, you can not only taste delicious gourmet food, but also can enjoy a piece of pure land and haven in such a busy city. Courtyard 7 welcomes you stay and enjoy.
Place & Transport: Beijing
Today's Activities: The Badaling Great Wall, Beijing Shaolin Martial Art School, Basic Chinese Learning - Introduction
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Beijing Golden Palace International Restaurant
- The Badaling Great Wall (1.5 hours): This very popular section, the first part of the Great Wall that was opened to the public, has been extensively restored. It climbs across superb mountain scenery 75km NW of Beijing. The battlements and watchtowers are high and steep in places, and provide wonderful views across the hills. Wear good walking shoes, and protection from the weather.
- Beijing Shaolin Martial Art School (2 hours): As a key martial arts school in Beijing, Beijing Shaolin Martial Art School was established in 1991. The Martial Art, Chinese Dance, Dragon Play, Sanda skills, all these performances of strong Chinese characters, especially the traditional Kungfu are the courses of Beijing Shaolin Martial Art School.
- Basic Chinese Learning - Introduction (1 hour): You will learn practical words about introduction, such as what is your name, my name is Sam and this is my friend. Our goal is to help you make friends while you’re in China. The guide will also teach you during spare time, like lunch time and while you’re on the road.
- Beijing Golden Palace International Restaurant: Golden Palace Friendship Store Co., Ltd is a multi-functional shopping mall containing shopping store, Cloisonné factory, and restaurant. It located near the Badaling Great Wall. It is a great place to see cloisonne shopping made by traditional methods and to purchase high quality pieces. Good quality meals are available in clean, pleasant surroundings. The restaurant caters to a wide variety of tastes.
Place & Transport: Depart Beijing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace with boat Cruise and the Garden of Virtue and Harmony, Basic Chinese Learning - Identifying Objects, Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xibei Restaurant
- Temple of Heaven (1.5 hours): Built in 1420 during the Ming Dynasty, Temple of Heaven is a complex of Taoist buildings where emperors of Ming and Qing dynasties visited for annual ceremonies of pray for good harvests. Located in the south of Central Beijing, it covers an area of 273 hectares. Temple of Heaven was enrolled as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1998.
- Summer Palace with boat Cruise and the Garden of Virtue and Harmony (2 hours): The palace is about 12 kilometers northwest of the city center and is equally as famous as the Forbidden City, the Summer Palace is called 'Yiheyuan'(Garden of Nurtured Harmony) in Chinese. It is the best preserved and the largest imperial gardens in China and one of Beijing's premier attractions. It is also possible to cruise on the lake which takes 10 minutes by the ferry boat.
- Basic Chinese Learning - Identifying Objects (1 hour): You will learn practical words for identifying Objects, such as what is this, what are those and where is it? This practical vocabulary will be helpful when shopping and on the trip. The guide will teach you on the spare time, like lunch time or road transfer.
- Xibei Restaurant: Xibei Restaurant brings Chinese North western cuisines to Beijing with cultures from Manchus, Mongolians, Chinese Muslims and Hans.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$639||$549||$549||$220 / $135 / $132 /|
|6-9 Persons||$499||$409||$409||$220 / $135 / $132 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$709||$599||$599||$283 / $182 / $170 /|
|6-9 Persons||$559||$459||$449||$283 / $182 / $170 /|
Tour Length: 4 Days
Attractions: Hutong Tour in Xicheng District, The Forbidden City, Basic Chinese Learning – Greetings and conversations starters, Tiananmen Square, The Badaling Great Wall, Beijing Shaolin Martial Art School, Basic Chinese Learning - Introduction, Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace with boat Cruise & the Garden of Virtue and Harmony, Basic Chinese Learning - Identifying Objects
|Beijing||Crowne Plaza Hotel Beijing Chaoyang U-Town
||Sunworld Hotel Beijing
||Days Inn Forbidden City Hotel Beijing
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.