Airport Transfer (Beijing)
- The Forbidden City (2.5 hours): The Forbidden City was home to 24 emperors between 1368 and 1911.This "city within a city" is a World Heritage Site, and is the largest and the best preserved ancient imperial architecture complex in the world, with great square, halls and gates contrast with intricate halls, gardens, courtyards and quarters. The exhibitions, both permanent and temporary, are all important treasures of ancient China.
- Tiananmen Square (50 minutes): Tian'anmen Square is the largest city square in the centre of Beijing, named after the Tiananmen (literally, Gate of Heavenly Peace) which sits to its north, separating it from the Forbidden City. It has great cultural significance as it was the site of several key events in Chinese history. As the world's largest city square and enduring symbol of China's national pride, it is surrounded by many imposing buildings including the Heavenly Gate (entry to the Forbidden City), Museums, government buildings and Chairman Mao's Mausoleum.
- Hutong Tour in Xicheng District (1 hour): Hutong is a maze of historic alleyways with old single storey traditional courtyard houses, which are now fast disappearing. In this one hour tour, you can hop on a rickshaw to ride through the narrow alleys as well as visit a local family then walk on the Silver Ingot Bridge (Yinding Bridge) and find out about the different thresholds of the courtyards.
Making a Fly Kite: The kite is a traditional folk art in china. It was first invented and popularized approximately 2,800 years ago. In the home of the local people, the teacher will share the basic skills of this manufacture. You can ask your teacher If you want to take home the fruit of your labor.
What happens during the class?
1. Introduction of the history of kites.
2. Illustration of the method of making a kite and demonstration by the teacher.
3. Tutor to learn how to make a kite.
- Basic Chinese Learning – Greetings and conversations starters (1 hour): You will learn some practical words for greeting, such as good morning, how is going and nice to meet you. It is very useful for you to start a conversation and express your friendship when traveling in China. The guide will teach you on the spare time, like lunch time or road transfer. You can practice the Chinese with your fellows after the tour.
- The Mutianyu Great Wall (slideway down): Take the steps up to the Great Wall at Mutianyu section (50 minutes), which is less-crowded one (you also could pay in cash to take the cable car service). Enjoying the beautiful views with watch tower, move forward for 40 minutes, take the slidway down.
- Temple of Heaven (1.5 hours): Built in 1420 during the Ming Dynasty, Temple of Heaven is a complex of Taoist buildings where emperors of Ming and Qing dynasties visited for annual ceremonies of pray for good harvests. Located in the south of Central Beijing, it covers an area of 273 hectares. Temple of Heaven was enrolled as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1998.
Fly Kites at the Temple of Heaven: Temple of Heaven is a place where local people practice Tai chi, spin tops and fly kites. You can join in and fly a kite of your own, enjoy this quintessential Chinese passtime. Fly kite experience can be arranged on the Great Wall(less crowded section) and Tiananmen Square
- Basic Chinese Learning - Introduction (1 hour): You will learn practical words about introduction, such as what is your name, my name is Sam and this is my friend. Our goal is to help you make friends while you’re in China. The guide will also teach you during spare time, like lunch time and while you’re on the road.
- 798 Art District (1.5 hours): Since 2002, the large number of artists' studios and contemporary art institutions began stationed here, and rented a scale of idle factories, and gradually developed into a gallery, the Arts Centre, artists'studios, design companies, fashion shops, bars and other catering space. The 798 Art District has promoted to the nation's largest and most influential international arts in recent years.
- Summer Palace with boat Cruise and the Garden of Virtue and Harmony (2 hours): The palace is about 12 kilometers northwest of the city center and is equally as famous as the Forbidden City, the Summer Palace is called 'Yiheyuan'(Garden of Nurtured Harmony) in Chinese. It is the best preserved and the largest imperial gardens in China and one of Beijing's premier attractions. It is also possible to cruise on the lake which takes 10 minutes by the ferry boat.
- Exterior visit of Beijing Olympic Stadiums(Bird's Nest and Water Cube) (1 hour): Located at the north end of the central axis of Beijing City, with a large area of 1215 hectares, it contains National museum, exhibition area, Olympic Village and Olympic competition avenues. Approximately 31 venues are used in Beijing Olympics, including National Stadium, the Bird's Nest and National Aquatics Center. You will explore the park, but it doesn't include going inside the Bird's Nest and Water Cube.
- Basic Chinese Learning - Identifying Objects (1 hour): You will learn practical words for identifying Objects, such as what is this, what are those and where is it? This practical vocabulary will be helpful when shopping and on the trip. The guide will teach you on the spare time, like lunch time or road transfer.
Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing)