- Du Fu Thatched Cottage (1.5 hours): A museum and memorial for Du Fu (712-770 AD), often called China's greatest poet, surrounded by a large and beautiful garden. Du Fu spent five years in Chengdu, the peak of his creativity, living in a thatched hut on this site.
- Panda Breeding and Research Center (2.5 hours): Located 6 miles north of Chengdu City, it is home to giant pandas, red (or lesser) pandas, and other endangered species. Visit the nursery to see the highly successful breeding program, among the bamboo groves and shady walkways, and to view the pandas at rest or play. There is a panda museum where you can learn some information about giant pandas.
Good to Know
The Panda Breeding and Research Center has a donation program which allows you take pictures with holding a panda one minute by donating RMB 2,000 Yuan (for reference only). Only 20 tourists are allowed to hold pandas a day. If you want to hold a panda, please tell your travel advisor or tour guide in advance because you must book it at least one week in advance.This program is subject to the availability of pandas on that day. Please bring enough RMB cash as payment by credit card is not accepted there.
- Wu Hou Temple (1.5 hours): The Marquis of Wu, Zhuge Liang (181-234) was the outstanding military strategist immortalized in "The Romance of the Three Kingdoms" and in the saying wise as "the Marquis of Wu". Peaceful and attractive gardens surround several halls, including one dedicated to his memory and another to that of his emperor Liu Bei, some impressive statues, a small museum, a famous Tang Dynasty stele and the classic red wall leading to Liu Bei's tomb. A delightful complex.
Our guide and driver will escort you from Chengdu to Emeishan, Leshan Giant Buddha, Cruise to have a overlook at Leshan Giant Buddha, Baoguo monastery
- Leshan Giant Buddha (2 hours): The Great Buddha in Leshan is located to the east of Leshan City, Sichuan Province and on the Lingyun Mountain where Min River, Qingyi River and Dadu River meet. It has been the largest stone carved sitting Buddhist statue in the world so far.
- Cruise to have a overlook at Leshan Giant Buddha (40 minutes): The Great Buddha in Leshan is located to the east of Leshan City, Sichuan Province and on the Lingyun Mountain where Min River, Qingyi River and Dadu River meet. It has been the largest stone carved sitting Buddhist statue in the world so far.You can sit on board to have an overlook at Leshan Giant Buddha.
- Baoguo monastery (1 hour): This monastery was built in the 16th century, enlarged in the 17th century, and rebuilt in recent years. To the left of the gate is a rockery for potted miniature trees and rare plants.
Monastery of Ten Thousand Years, Emei Mountain, Our guide and driver will escort you from Emeishan to Chengdu, Cable Car leading to Monastery of Ten Thousand Years
- Monastery of Ten Thousand Years (1 hour): 1,043 meters above sea level, was built in the 4th century. It was burned several times in the following centuries. The present brick building was reconstructed in the Ming dynasty (1368-1644). The Brick Hall, a domed building with small stupas on it, was built of bricks. In the hall is a statue of the Bodhisattva. Puxian on a white elephant, 8.5 meters high, cast in copper and bronze. It weight is estimated 62 tons. And this statu was here in 980AD.
- Emei Mountain (50 minutes): One of the most famous mountains for Buddhism in China. It has many temples and beautiful scenery.Baoguo Temple lies right at the foot of Mt. Emei.
- Local Restaurant: The limited restaurant options mean that there is no choice available however our guide will organize the best available based on the season and the surroundings.
- Cable Car leading to Monastery of Ten Thousand Years (20 minutes): The Wannian Monastery is the largest of the eight monasteries to be found on Mount Emei. It is dedicated to Bodhisattva Puxian who famous for his preaching.
Hotel to airport Transfer (Chengdu), Airport Transfer (Beijing)