Panda Base And Chengdu Highlights Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
While the Panda reserves are certainly the best known attraction in the area, there are several other day trips that are good as well. Beyond the Pandas, Read more
Meghan Nov. 23, 2011
Combine the visit to the Panda Breeding Research Centre to see the adorable giant pandas with classic attractions of Chengdu which includes the Sanxingdui Museum, Wangjiang Park and Jinli Old Street.
Duration: 4 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Chengdu, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Chengdu)
Place & Transport: Chengdu
Today's Activities: Huanglongxi Old Town, Chengdu People's Park, Half Day Tour to Huanglongxi Ancient Town
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Local Restaurant
- Huanglongxi Old Town : Huanglongxi is an old town steeped in history and tradition which is reflected in the style of the buildings. It is located about 50 kilometers from Chengdu in Sichuan Province and recently has become a popular scenic destination. The Qing Dynasty style buildings here are well preserved are often used in movies. On the ninth day of the sixth and ninth lunar months, temple fairs recreate the lively activity of day's gone bye. Huanglongxi is at the intersection of three counties and historically has been a place of importance for 2,000 years. This quaint old town now attracts tourists, researchers, and film-makers from around the globe.
- Chengdu People's Park: The People's Park is a spiritual haven for the city's citizens amidst the bustle of downtown. The park contains refreshing bonsai gardens, artificial lakes, rockeries, historical monuments and traditional tea houses. Another highlight of the park is the annual chrysanthemum exhibition in autumn, whose colorful blossoms seem to set the park ablaze.
--Half Day Tour to Huanglongxi Ancient Town: Your guide will pick you up at the hotel at about 8:30am for a full day tour, and transfer to Huanglongxi ancient town, around 50 kilometers from Chengdu. Huanglongxi is a 1700-year-old scenic town with deep tradition on construction style of West Sichuan. The Qing Dynasty style buildings here are well preserved and attract so many film makers to shoot exterior views, and visitors can walk the streets as they would have done centuries ago. Lunch will be at a local restaurant. Drive back to Chengdu in the late afternoon.
- Local Restaurant: The limited restaurant options mean that there is no choice available however our guide will organize the best available based on the season and the surroundings.
Place & Transport: Chengdu
Today's Activities: Half Day Tour to Panda Breeding Reserve, Half Day Tour to Sanxingdui Ruins
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
--Half Day Tour to Panda Breeding Reserve: Your guide will pick you up at your hotel and transfer you to the Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Research Base which covers an area of 600 acres. The grounds of the Panda base have a lush natural environment with bamboo growing luxuriantly. It may be possible to take a photo with a panda. A substantial extra fee is applicable and is not always possible.
Be transferred to your hotel after the tour. Note: you may need to consult with your guide about the interaction programs before you visit the pandas, so that your guide can make a reservation. Lunch is not included.
Those seeking additional interaction with the panda may consider the Panda Keeper Program which requires booking in advance.
--Half Day Tour to Sanxingdui Ruins: You will be picked up from your hotel by your guide who will accompany you on your one day tour. And then, transfer to Sanxingdui ruins, a ruined city with a history of over 3000 years. Thousands of pieces of invaluable relics such as bronze ware, jade ware, gold ware, pottery, and bone ware unearthed respectively. After the tour, our driver will take you back to Chengdu and return to your hotel.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$619||$469||$439||$311 / $148 / $119 /|
|6-9 Persons||$539||$399||$349||$311 / $148 / $119 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$719||$569||$519||$330 / $173 / $132 /|
|6-9 Persons||$599||$419||$399||$330 / $173 / $132 /|
Tour Length: 4 Days
Attractions: Du Fu Cottage, Wangjiang Park, Wu Hou Temple, Jinli Old Street, Panda Breeding and Research Centre, Sanxingdui Museum in Guanghan
|Chengdu||Sofitel Wanda Chengdu
||Tianfu Sunshine Hotel Chengdu
||Minshan Lhasa Grand Hotel
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Chengdu by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.