Tour Itinerary of Guilin, Chengdu, Jiuzhai Alley Natural Scenery Tour
8-Day Guilin, Yangshuo, Chengdu and Jiuzhaigou Tour (CHT-122)
After enjoying the breathtaking landscape along the Li River in Guilin, continue your trip to Chengdu to visit the Giant Buddha in Leshan, Temples on Mt. Emei and the picturesque scenery in Huanglong and Jiuzhaigou including the Tibetan villages. This is the ideal trip for lovers of outstanding natural landscapes.
- Tour Summary
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Arrive in Guilin, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Guilin), A Free CH cell phone package (one cell phone for one group)
- A Free CH cell phone package (one cell phone for one group):
A Free CH cell phone package (one cell phone for one group) includes free rental for the cell phone and SIM card (Includes prepaid value of CNY 50), delivery and collection in China. Return the phone to your guide when you depart. For more about the cell phone rental service, please click cell phone rental information.China Highlights also provides a Wi-Fi package so that you can connect to the internet in China anytime and anywhere. Our 3G service provides speeds of up to 21Mbps on your smart phone, pad or laptop, so you can stay in contact. For more detail please visit Wi-Fi rental information .
Place & Transport: Guilin
Today's Activities: Minority village and Longsheng Terraced Field
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Longji Ping'an Restaurant
- Minority village and Longsheng Terraced Field: The Longji Terraces are built into the steep mountain range named "The Dragon's Backbone" about 2.5 hours from Guilin. The terraces look like ribbons as they wind from the foot to the top of the mountain. This ingenious construction makes best use of the scarce arable land and water resources in the mountainous area. There are about 66 square kilometers of terraced fields in the district. The Terraces were first built in the Yuan dynasty and completed in the Qing dynasty by the Zhuang people. Zhuang and Yao minority villages dot the area and feature traditional unique architecture where no nails are used in construction. The different minority customs and dressing styles are especially interesting. Sedan chairs are available from the parking lot to the top of the mountain for customers who would like to see the great views but do not wish to climb all the way up to the top; it takes about CNY350 per person for the round trip.
- Longji Ping'an Restaurant: Ping'an restaurant is one of the popular restaurants in Longji terrace, which is located half way up of the terrace field and will take some steps to get there. The restaurant mainly serves Guilin local dishes and is especially famous for roasted Bamboo Rice and fresh vegetables.
Place & Transport: Guilin to Yangshuo (Watch the Video )
Today's Activities: Li River Cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo., Yangshuo Countryside Cycling
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Li River Cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo. (4 hours): A cruise along the Li River between Guilin and Yangshuo is an unforgettable experience. As you take in the stunning scenery, there's something interesting to see at almost every bend in the river. Between spectacular limestone peaks you'll see graceful bamboo groves, farmers tending rice paddies, and lumbering water buffaloes pulling carts or cooling off in the river. You may see fishermen gliding along on their narrow bamboo rafts, and if you're very lucky you might see one of the famous fishing cormorants. Boats depart from various wharves, according to the height of the river at different times of the year.The Li river cruise is by a medium size boat which can accommodate about 140 passengers.
- Yangshuo Countryside Cycling: Experience the hustle & bustle of the Yangshuo traffic for 10 minutes before you escape onto the country roads, lanes and tracks of the distinctive and beautiful Yangshuo countryside. Biking alongside the paddy field and orchards that surround the famous mountains will give a fascinating insight into life in rural China. You will have a family visit on the half way. It is an opportunity to see a real country life and talk to the local farmers.
Place & Transport: Yangshuo to Guilin to Chengdu, China Southern Airlines CZ3241 Dep 17:55 - Arr 19:25
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Yangshuo to Guilin, Reed Flute Cave, Fubo Hill, Elephant Trunk Hill, Pearl Culture Shop, Airport Transfer (Guilin), Airport Transfer (Chengdu)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at McFound Restaurant
- Reed Flute Cave (1 hour): Located 5 kilometers northwest of Guilin city, the Reed Flute Cave gets the name from the reeds used for making flutes and pipes that grow at its entrance. The cave is regarded as the largest and most impressive cave in Guilin. It is 240 meters long, and the length of the tour is about 550 meters offering a magic land of stalactites, stalagmites, stone pillars, stone curtains, birds, plants and animals in fantastic shapes and colors. The visit lasts for 40 minutes and there are a lot of steps. Watch your step as the lights are dim. You guide will show you by electric torch.
- Fubo Hill: Fubo Hill is on the west bank of the Li River in the city center. Partially submerged in the river it was named after General Fubo of the Tang Dynasty who built Mayuan Temple on the hill. Because of its location and height, Fubo Hill can tame the waves and stop the surging waters which then form whirlpools. It is 213 meters above sea level and 62 meters above ground level. There are almost 350 steps to climb to reach top of hill and but then you can enjoy a birds eye view of Guilin city.
- Elephant Trunk Hill (40 minutes): Elephant Trunk Hill is located at the junction of Li River and Peach Blossom River. It is the symbol of Guilin with 55 meters high and got its name because its shape resembles an elephant with its trunk drinking from the Li River. The hill is pierced with many caves and topped with a small pagoda.
- Pearl Culture Shop: Guilin is fortunate to have a company that is licensed by the Government to both grow and sell pearls. The Pearls are cultivated in the clean waters of the South China Sea off the coast of Guangxi province and then transported to Guilin for processing and to be created in the superb jewelry that you will see exhibited. You will also learn how to tell the difference between real and fake pearls and well as seeing the production process. Pearls purchased here will be of the highest quality and their authenticity is guaranteed.
Tel: 0773-2893 008
Address: Opposite Sleeping Budda Rock, 12, Taohuajiang Road, Guilin
- McFound Restaurant: A restaurant which decorated in traditional northern style, with wheaten food of full aroma and household atmosphere of authentic culture, is warmly welcome for customers.
Place & Transport: Chengdu
Today's Activities: Panda Breeding and Research Center, Wu Hou Temple, Chengdu Kuan-zhai Lane, Jinli Old Street
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Chengdu Ba Guo Bu Yi Restaurant
- Panda Breeding and Research Center (2.5 hours): Located 6 miles north of Chengdu City, it is home to giant pandas, red (or lesser) pandas, and other endangered species. Visit the nursery to see the highly successful breeding program, among the bamboo groves and shady walkways, and to view the pandas at rest or play. There is a panda museum where you can learn some information about giant pandas.
Note: The Panda Breeding and Research Center has a donation program which allows you take pictures with holding a panda one minute by donating RMB 2,000 Yuan (for reference only). Only 40 tourists are allowed to hold pandas a day. If you want to hold a panda, you must book it one day in advance.This program is subject to the availability of pandas on that day. Please bring enough RMB cash as payment by credit card is not accepted there.
- Wu Hou Temple (1.5 hours): The Marquis of Wu, Zhuge Liang (181-234) was the outstanding military strategist immortalized in "The Romance of the Three Kingdoms" and in the saying wise as "the Marquis of Wu". Peaceful and attractive gardens surround several halls, including one dedicated to his memory and another to that of his emperor Liu Bei, some impressive statues, a small museum, a famous Tang Dynasty stele and the classic red wall leading to Liu Bei's tomb. A delightful complex.
- Chengdu Kuan-zhai Lane: It is a part of the old city in Chengdu which has been restored and renovated. This is a chance to see old Chengdu and experience the traditional lifestyle. It features Western foods and drinks, take-aways, coffee and art.
- Jinli Old Street (1 hour): Once the commercial heart of the old kingdoms this ancient street has been fully restored in traditional Sichuan style. Picturesque, bustling, and cheerful, you can sample local arts and craft, traditional Chinese goods, food and delicacies, and even a Starbucks, local style.
- Chengdu Ba Guo Bu Yi Restaurant: Ba Guo Bu Yi is located nearby Wu Hou Temple. The restaurant serves authentic Sichuan food with its traditional Chinese style decorations. It is an old and famous restaurant, which is very popular with local people. Favorite dishes include Peppery chicken, braised beef tenderloin, and fried carp in squirrel shape.
Place & Transport: Chengdu to Jiuzhaigou, Air China CA4483 Dep 07:10 - Arr 07:55
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Chengdu), Airport Transfer (Jiuzhaigou), Huanglong Chair Lift(Up), Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Dinner, Chinese Lunch
- Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area (4.5 hours): Huanglong is located on the easternmost of Qinghai-Tibet Plateau. It belongs to Songpan county, Aba Tibetan and Qiang autonomous prefecture, Sichuan province. It is 300 kilometers far away from Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province. And Jiuzhaigou Valley is as its neighbor. It is close to the boundary of Sichuan, Gansu, and Shanxi province.
The whole interest area looks like a golden dragon by overlooking. That is the reason why the place calls Huanglong, which means a golden dragon in Chinese. Huanglong is over 300 kilometers far away from Chengdu. The main area is consisted of Huanglong Valley, Danyun Valley, Red-star Cave, Xuebaoding, Mouni Valley, and Songpan Ancient City, etc. The total area occupies 1340 square kilometers. It is famous for “the colorful ponds, the beaches, the snow-capped peaks, the valleys, the ancient temple, and the folk customs”. Therefore, Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area is accredited as “the paradise in the earth”.
Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area is located at the foot of Xuebaoding Hill, the major peak of Minshan Mountain, Songpan county. The interest area is a valley with 7000 meters in length, and 300 meters in width. Over 3400 natural ponds scatter there. Some ponds are big with area of over one Mu, while some are as small as basins, or bowels, or even as small as cups. The walls of the ponds are golden, as if they were made of gold. The water in those ponds is colorful and clear.
On every July 12th to 15th, there is the grand Huanglong Temple Fair. Huanglong Scenic and Historic Interest Area together with Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historical Interest Area are the two shining pearls in the West-Sichuan Plateau. In 1991, they were listed on the category of the world natural heritage by UNESCO.
Place & Transport: Jiuzhaigou
Today's Activities: Sight-Seeing Shuttle Bus, Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historic Interest Area
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch, Chinese Dinner
- Sight-Seeing Shuttle Bus: The sight-seeing shuttle bus is provided by the park, with seating capacity of 28-47 seats. It is quite crowded during the travel season.
- Jiuzhaigou Valley Scenic and Historic Interest Area (8 hours): Inscribed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 1992, Jiuzhaigou Valley is an invaluable present sent from above. It is part of the Min Mountains on the edge of the Tibetan Plateau.
Stretching out over 72,000 hectares, its elevation ranges widely from 2,000 to 4,500 meters (6,600 – 14,800 ft). Multi-level waterfalls, colorful lakes and snow-capped peaks are its signatures. The entire Jiuzhaigou Valley is composed of three major parts: Rize Valley, Zechawa Valley and Shuzheng Valley, each of which are dotted with numerous natural attractions. Well-noted attractions include: the Primeval Forest, Swan Lake and Panda Lake in Rize Valley; Long Lake and Five-Color Pond in Zechawa Valley; as well as Nuorilang Falls, Sleeping Dragon Lake and Reed Lake in Shuzheng Valley.
Nine Tibetan villages snuggle cozily and peacefully inside the valley, thus the name Jiuzhaigou (Nine-Village Valley).
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$3,079||$2,869||$2,819||$565/ $357/ $291|
|6-9 Persons||$2,419||$2,209||$2,139||$565/ $357/ $291|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$3,559||$2,999||$2,869||$1,004/ $437/ $299|
|6-9 Persons||$2,899||$2,309||$2,179||$1,004/ $437/ $299|
Excellent Local Guides
We selected the most experienced tour guides in each city. They are all very professional and flexible during the tour with oustanding knowledge of all the sites and history.
Our Luxury Car for Families
We use the modern air-conditioned luxury cars for families or 2-3 persons. The comfort and safety of our customers is of utmost importance, so we ensure that all of the vehicles that we use are well-maintained and always very clean.
Comfortable People Carrier for Small Groups
We use only air-conditioned small buses for small groups of 4-7 persons. Our drivers are very nice and careful with over 5-year drive experience.
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Guilin, Yangshuo, Chengdu, Jiuzhaigou by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
GUILIN To CHENGDU Transfer via: Flight, CZ3241 (Our arrangements)
CHENGDU To JIUZHAIGOU Transfer via: Flight, CA4483 (Our arrangements)
Jiuzhaigou To Chengdu Transfer via: Flight, CA4480 (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carry on baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.