Tour Itinerary of Guangzhou and Guilin Discovery from Hong Kong
4-Day Hong Kong, Guangzhou and Guilin Tour (CHT-7)
Explore the Hong Kong's famous mainland neighbors - Guangzhou and Guilin. See the history and culture of Guangzhou and the beautiful natural scenery on the famous Li River Cruise.
- Tour Summary
- Full Itinerary
Place & Transport: Hong Kong to Guangzhou, Train No. T804 (Jiulong Railway Station - Guangzhou East Railway Station) Dep 10:42 - Arr 12:37
Today's Activities: Train station Transfer (Guangzhou), Yuexiu Park, Museum of Nanyue King
Meals: Chinese Lunch at Jin Xi-lai Restaurant
- Yuexiu Park (1 hour): Yuexiu Park is located at the Jiefang North Road, urban Guangzhou.Yuexiu Park is the central park of urban Guangzhou, one of the new Eight Attractions of Guangzhou. It forms the fence of north Guangzhou city together with Baiyun Moutain.
- Museum of Nanyue King (1.5 hours): It is situated at Jiefang North Road, Guangzhou and to be exactly, at Xianggang Hill, to the west of Yuexiu Park.Museum of the Nanyue King of the Western Han Dynasty is the largest and best preserved mastaba in Lingnna area up to now. It has colored mural paintings and most abundant funeral objects of the Han Dynasty.
- Jin Xi-lai Restaurant: Jin Xi-lai Restaurant serves Cantonese food and is famous for its Dim sun. The restaurant is nicely decorated, and is popular with the locals.
Accommodations: Ocean Hotel Guangzhou (Economy)
Place & Transport: Guangzhou to Guilin, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Chen Ancestral Shrine, Qing Ping Market, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall, Temple of the Six Banyan Trees, Hotel to airport Transfer (Guangzhou), Airport Transfer (Guilin)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Lianxiang Restaurant
- Chen Ancestral Shrine (1 hour): Chen Ancestral Shrine was built in 1867 in an architectural design and decoration in traditional Guangdong style. The temple is especially renowned for its beautiful craftsmanship. Historical figures, legends, and scenes are represented in many art forms, including wood carving, brick carving, pottery carving, brass and cast iron. These artistic and historical attributes make Chen Ancestral Shrine an important attraction in Guangzhou.
- Qing Ping Market (30 minutes): Qingping Market came into existence in 1979. It has over 2000 stalls along 1-km-long Qingping Lu and Ti Yun Lu in the north of Shamian Island. It is the largest street market in Guangzhou with multiple shops of Chinese medicines (including live scorpions!!), spices, fish, pets, and flowers. Over 60, 000 people shop in the market every day. It is a good idea to have a delightful walk after lunch through the legendary Qingping Market.
- Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall (1 hour): a memorial building built in 1931 with the funds raised by the Guangzhou people and overseas Chinese in memory of Sun Yat-sen.
- Temple of the Six Banyan Trees (1 hour): A world famous ancient Buddhist temple, built 1460 years ago. The pagoda in it is quite colorful and houses some thousand Buddha statues, thus it has got another name "Thousand-Buddha Pagoda." The ancient temple features a towering colorful pagoda, luxuriant trees and historic and cultural relics. Because of the splendid pagoda, this temple was selected as one of the top ten scenic spots in Guangzhou.
- Lianxiang Restaurant: Lotus Restaurant is a restaurant with a history of over one hundred years. It is famous for its Cantonese cooking and Dim sun, especially the Moon cake.
Accommodations: Guilin Osmanthus Hotel (Economy)
Place & Transport: Guilin
Today's Activities: Li River Cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Li River Cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo. (4 hours): A cruise along the Li River between Guilin and Yangshuo is an unforgettable experience. As you take in the stunning scenery, there's something interesting to see at almost every bend in the river. Between spectacular limestone peaks you'll see graceful bamboo groves, farmers tending rice paddies, and lumbering water buffaloes pulling carts or cooling off in the river. You may see fishermen gliding along on their narrow bamboo rafts, and if you're very lucky you might see one of the famous fishing cormorants. Boats depart from various wharves, according to the height of the river at different times of the year.The Li river cruise is by a medium size boat which can accommodate about 140 passengers.
Accommodations: Guilin Osmanthus Hotel (Economy)
Place & Transport: Guilin to Hong Kong, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Reed Flute Cave, Elephant Trunk Hill, Fubo Hill, Hotel to airport Transfer (Guilin)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at McFound Restaurant
- Reed Flute Cave (1 hour): Located 5 kilometers northwest of Guilin city, the Reed Flute Cave gets the name from the reeds used for making flutes and pipes that grow at its entrance. The cave is regarded as the largest and most impressive cave in Guilin. It is 240 meters long, and the length of the tour is about 550 meters offering a magic land of stalactites, stalagmites, stone pillars, stone curtains, birds, plants and animals in fantastic shapes and colors. The visit lasts for 40 minutes and there are a lot of steps. Watch your step as the lights are dim. You guide will show you by electric torch.
- Elephant Trunk Hill (40 minutes): Elephant Trunk Hill is located at the junction of Li River and Peach Blossom River. It is the symbol of Guilin with 55 meters high and got its name because its shape resembles an elephant with its trunk drinking from the Li River. The hill is pierced with many caves and topped with a small pagoda.
- Fubo Hill: Fubo Hill is on the west bank of the Li River in the city center. Partially submerged in the river it was named after General Fubo of the Tang Dynasty who built Mayuan Temple on the hill. Because of its location and height, Fubo Hill can tame the waves and stop the surging waters which then form whirlpools. It is 213 meters above sea level and 62 meters above ground level. There are almost 350 steps to climb to reach top of hill and but then you can enjoy a birds eye view of Guilin city.
- McFound Restaurant: A restaurant which decorated in traditional northern style, with wheaten food of full aroma and household atmosphere of authentic culture, is warmly welcome for customers.
Excellent Local Guides
We selected the most experienced tour guides in each city. They are all very professional and flexible during the tour with oustanding knowledge of all the sites and history.
Our Luxury Car for Families
We use the modern air-conditioned luxury cars for families or 2-3 persons. The comfort and safety of our customers is of utmost importance, so we ensure that all of the vehicles that we use are well-maintained and always very clean.
Comfortable People Carrier for Small Groups
We use only air-conditioned small buses for small groups of 4-7 persons. Our drivers are very nice and careful with over 5-year drive experience.
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Guilin by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
To Guangzhou East Transfer via: Train, T804 (Our arrangements)
Guangzhou To Guilin Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Guilin To Hong Kong Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
- Airport Tax and Fuel Fee
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports/railway stations and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carry on baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.